some food for the sick cousin w Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Well after a great trip to New York City for my cousins wedding and a little running around the city too. My other cousin is suffering from liver failure and can't eat anything with flavor. That's the no salt (not low salt) no fat food the main reason I say no flavor. Well she got her hands on some of my fried turkey and loved it too. Now that's all she want so here is my answer to that question. Here's a Smoked Turkey for her and we are making alot of other stuff too.
Just hanging out in the smoker for some tanning.

Well after a couple of hours you can see the nice golden tan is working.

With a little resting time you can see it's ready for the trip north.

I think the northern turkeys will be really jealous of my tan don't you think??
I'm sure she will love this bird and the other dishes we have created for Mary Ellen as she awaits a liver. At least she can eat good with things like smoked chicken noodle soup (that should cure just about anything) then there's some smoked turkey (above) with red beans an rice. We also have some smoked chicken legs with some smoked asparagus and smoked corn cut off the cob. So I'm sure she will like this food we have made for her. So I will drive back up there in my work van and also remodel the beach house's bathroom with a new shower built for her and rework the whole bathroom for a handicap accessiblity too. Thanks for looking and I hope you like them
Mark

Looks awesome Mark !!! She is lucky to have a cousin like you...And it's awesome u are doing all that for her..We all wish her a speedy recovery !!
points.gif

My prayers are with your cousin, mballi3011. I love the bird! One of my favorites to smoke, and the first thing I ever smoked.

I thought I would humbly make one suggestion about your turkey smoke -- a tip I picked up a long time ago: keep your bird breast side down until about the last hour or so. I always tie the wings together behind the bird's back which creates a "stand" to set on the grill. The breast stays nice and juicy as everything runs down into it instead of away from it. I've been doing them like that for 12 years, and it works great.

You got a very lucky cousin
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
, and one fine looking tanned turkey! Good job looking out for the family!

It looks great Mark and hopefully Mary Ellen gets that new liver real soon. I'm sure she will enjoy the food and the bathroom remodel while she waits

nice tan on that bird mark and it must be a blessin to be in yer family!

Nice work Mark - the support is going to mean a lot more than the food which will be much appreciated

Mark - you have some knee time comming for your Cuz from NoVA

Nice thing about this hobby is no one ever turns down prepared food.

Well, it can't be a redneck bird or it would have a farmer tan like me! LOL! Very nice looking bird. Makes me want a turkey sandwich.

Prayers are with you and your family. It can't be easy to go through.

The turkey looks great. I think this may very well be my next smoking project. I will have to read the forums about it first. I have always brined and roasted my birds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky