Nothing New Under The Sun...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Ecclesiastes 1:9 ESV What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

I know, I rotated a buzzard not too long ago, however, there is a huge reason for it, aside from the fact that it just tastes good!

My wife, (a.k.a. The Better 9/10ths) has some immune system issues and she found out that drinking some bone broth every morning helps alleviate a lot of the issues she experiences! Bone broth isn't cheap and it isn't always available in small towns like ours. So, we make our own, well, she does.

The last 7# bird fed us the night we smoked it, she made some rockin' chicken noodle soup that we each had three servings of, and some really great chicken salad that yielded four sandwiches! Finally, she made a gallon of bone broth! Works for me!

I like to use the sink to catch the excess seasoning.

20240216_140541.jpg

Joe is at 300 (with cherry wood chunks) despite the 16 mph wind on a 40 degree day!
20240216_141755.jpg

Catch you later!

No, I didn't forget...I ate! The Better 9/10ths made a gravy using some chicken bone broth, and, Oh my Lord!!!

Dinner was a success!

Juicy bird!
1000013131.jpg

Steamed broccoli, homemade sourdough bread, and a baked sweet tater!
1000013133.jpg

Sorry, I all but woofed down the broccoli...my bad.
1000013134.jpg

Me too! Look closey...that's sourdough under that bird 'n gravy! :emoji_sunglasses:

I caught that.
I'm on a baking kick and sourdough boules is all you find in our house. I've got a cold proof in the fridge heading to the oven on Sunday.

Have you made stuffing or bread pudding from leftover sourdough? Game changer.

Reactions: mr mac
I caught that.
I'm on a baking kick and sourdough boules is all you find in our house. I've got a cold proof in the fridge heading to the oven on Sunday.

Have you made stuffing or bread pudding from leftover sourdough? Game changer.
I have have never been a stuffing kind of guy, I was scarred early by a mom who could ruin the box stuff.

Bread pudding, "now that's a horse of a different color," (movie quote)! But, I've lost nearly 60 pounds over the last couple of years, so...maybe a small batch! I'll check with The Better 9/10ths! 😁

This morning we worked on pulling all the meat off the bones of this seven pound bird. Bones in the pot for more bone broth and the meat for a pozole Verde de pollo! Can't wait!
1000013135.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky