Snake River Farms Wagyu Short Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stubbornjimmy

Original poster
Feb 1, 2021
If you are looking to smoke some short ribs, I recommend going to SNR and picking up their 3 bone wagyu pack! These were enough to feed 6 people with room for leftovers. Fun smoke!
IMG_0829.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Ribs look good. What did you cook them on? What kind of rub did you use? Any trimming or did you just dust 'em and throw them into a cooker? Temp? Time?

I've never cooked anything Wagyu so just curious how you cooked yours since they look so good.

Welcome to the forum. Ribs look good. What did you cook them on? What kind of rub did you use? Any trimming or did you just dust 'em and throw them into a cooker? Temp? Time?

I've never cooked anything Wagyu so just curious how you cooked yours since they look so good.
Thanks! Regarding the process...
  • Trimmed just a little hard fat and silver skin from the top; left the membrane on, as it held everything together well
  • Used some garlic infused olive oil as a binder for some kosher salt and 16 mesh pepper
  • Pre-heated the Traeger to 250 degrees using Oak pellets
  • Prepared a spritz of half cranberry juice, half red wine vinegar
  • Threw it on the grill and let it cook
  • At the 5 hour mark, checked on it and spritzed it a little bit
  • Pulled it at the 7hr mark when it felt tender enough, internal temp was 200
  • Wrapped it in butcher paper, let it rest for 40 minutes
  • Sliced and served!

Did the delivery have any dry ice in it? A lot of us ended up with dry boxes on arrival.
It was packed in really well - in a 24 x 30 x 24 box with 2 in styrofoam liners throughout and packed with about 8lbs of dry ice. Total travel time was 3 days and it was still frozen when I got it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky