Smoking for the Neighborhood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Fired up the Lang with 2 slabs of St. Louis spares and 3 racks of baby backs. 4 of the slabs have Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and 1 slab has my Chipotle rub.
Later I'll add a pan of my Wicked Baked Beans and a yard bird spatchcock style.
Oh, did I mention that it's close to 100°F?
20210613_124156.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, 100° is pretty warm. The ribs look good, but I'd be happy with a plate of your Beans!...JJ

Reactions: Dutch
That's a nice piece of work going there Dutch, Like! Almost 100 there? It's 111º at one in the afternoon here, it'll get hotter all week. RAY

Last edited:
Looks like a good cook you have going. I’d have liked to fire mine up today but spent the day doing honey do years work. Her birthdays Tuesday so I guess lol. 100F is hot to tend that fire for sure. I fired mine up at about 90 last week and it was hot.

That's a nice piece of work going there Dutch, Like! Almost 100 there? It's 111º at one in the afternoon here, it'll get hotter all week. RAY
Well Ray, we're supposed to have a week of triple digits this week. The highest is supposed to be 115°!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, Great looking racks and slabs. The remainder of the meal is sounding outstanding. Remember to stay "hydrated" while tending the fire. Since you are doing a community service, might want to pass the collection plate among the neighbors to fund a community canopy. That temp can be dangerous! 🍻
John

Looks like it's gonna be a great meal, Dutch! I don't envy you with those triple digits though. It's 90 and a little higher here in Ga today, and I'm already dreading it, lol. Great job.

Well Ray, we're supposed to have a week of triple digits this week. The highest is supposed to be 115°!

Yep, hot all over Dutch, always here in the desert. Now that I look it up appears I'll drive right up that way to get to Flaming Gorge for koke fishing, if the covid ever goes away. RAY

I'd be remiss if I didn't post the money shot! I would have posted the neighbors baby backs but he was anxious to get to eating.

Chicken was coated with vegetable oil and dusted with lemon pepper.

Ambient temperature did hit 100°!

20210613_165906.jpg
20210613_153237.jpg

Looks great, Dutch, and those beans......love them!!
We hit 85 today and that's where I like it. 100 is a bit to hot for me. Last time I saw 100 was in /85 hauling produce out of California and Arizona. It was -55F when I left the Ft McMurray Oil Sands and 106 when I hit California--damn near died!!
Gary

Reactions: bigfurmn
Mmm happy neighbors for sure. What is Jeff’s. Asked rub? I have his Texas and bbq rub but haven’t heard of the naked rub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky