Smokin my first Baby Back Pork Ribs with Q-View UPDATED!!!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by bigsky109, Apr 14, 2013.

1. bigsky109

bigsky109 Fire Starter

So far so good.  Used Spade-L and BAM seasoning for the dry rub and set in smoker at 225F with a blend of Hickory and Mesquite chips. Still have Lava Rock in the smoker drip tray but I added a disposable drip tray on the bottom rack with a bottle of Blue Moon Beer and Tequila.

Here is a pic of the rubbed ribs getting ready for the smoker.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. bigsky109

bigsky109 Fire Starter

So here are the ribs at the 2 hour mark.....getting to put BBQ sauce, Heinz 57 and Tequila blend on them wrapped in foil for the next 2 hours or so:

3. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Looking good so far, bigsky!  

4. bigsky109

bigsky109 Fire Starter

Thank....I must be doing something right.....LOL

They look.....Great.....[​IMG]   So Far

5. bigsky109

bigsky109 Fire Starter

OMG!!!!   These ribs were so good....I smoked so many I have leftovers for tomorrow.  Thanks for all the help guys. 

Here are some finished pics.....BTW the Tequila BBQ sauce was tasty.

6. bbqfans

bbqfans Newbie

Wow!  Those look great!  I just smoked ribs the other day with pecan and cherry wood chunks, and noticed that the meat tasted sweeter than when I used mesquite two weeks prior to that.  Not trying to bash mesquite at all, I just found it fascinating how changing your wood when it comes to ribs makes an incredibly noticeable difference!  

It looks like y'all had quite the fiesta!!!  Good thing I wasn't there, I would have ate it all!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  7. bigsky109

bigsky109 Fire Starter

I agree with the Mesquite.  Not my favorite wood, I didn't use much Mesquite but it really added kind of a bitter taste.  May never use Mesquite ever again and glad Ididn't use very much, just a sprinkle in my Hickory...

8. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They look great, well done!!

9. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking RIBS!!!