Smokin' in California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LOW_IN_SLO

Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey everyone! Just doing the initial post thing here. Been smoking for a while relative to my age. Learned the difference between grilling and BBQ somewhere between college and the age of 25. I do hot smoke, cold smoke, low and slow, grill and am big on experimenting with different methods/materials/procedures to find that perfect taste and texture. Also grow and make my rubs from scratch having the great growing climate where I'm at. Regularly do chicken, pork butt, brisket, all types of ribs, salmon (cold and hot), bacon (cold and hot), and much more. Have frequented this site in the past for this or that and would like to thank everyone for contributing their ideas. Looking into building my own smoker and thought it was time to participate so here I am. Some pics of recent smokes/cooks...

Pork Butts

IMG_4834.JPG

Brisket
IMG_4216.JPG

Couple more pics to come after they upload from my phone onto the computer! Cheers!

Reactions: Smkryng
Hey everyone! Just doing the initial post thing here. Been smoking for a while relative to my age. Learned the difference between grilling and BBQ somewhere between college and the age of 25. I do hot smoke, cold smoke, low and slow, grill and am big on experimenting with different methods/materials/procedures to find that perfect taste and texture. Also grow and make my rubs from scratch having the great growing climate where I'm at. Regularly do chicken, pork butt, brisket, all types of ribs, salmon (cold and hot), bacon (cold and hot), and much more. Have frequented this site in the past for this or that and would like to thank everyone for contributing their ideas. Looking into building my own smoker and thought it was time to participate so here I am. Some pics of recent smokes/cooks...

Pork Butts

View attachment 372915

Brisket
View attachment 372916

Couple more pics to come after they upload from my phone onto the computer! Cheers!
Welcome! Those are some great looking cooks! I’m sure there are many more to come!

Reactions: LOW_IN_SLO
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky