1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smokin' in California

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by LOW_IN_SLO, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Hey everyone! Just doing the initial post thing here. Been smoking for a while relative to my age. Learned the difference between grilling and BBQ somewhere between college and the age of 25. I do hot smoke, cold smoke, low and slow, grill and am big on experimenting with different methods/materials/procedures to find that perfect taste and texture. Also grow and make my rubs from scratch having the great growing climate where I'm at. Regularly do chicken, pork butt, brisket, all types of ribs, salmon (cold and hot), bacon (cold and hot), and much more. Have frequented this site in the past for this or that and would like to thank everyone for contributing their ideas. Looking into building my own smoker and thought it was time to participate so here I am. Some pics of recent smokes/cooks...

Pork Butts

IMG_4834.JPG

Brisket
    IMG_4216.JPG

Couple more pics to come after they upload from my phone onto the computer! Cheers!

Smkryng likes this.
  2. Welcome! Those are some great looking cooks! I’m sure there are many more to come!

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  3. RiversideSm0ker

RiversideSm0ker Master of the Pit

Welcome from the inland empire. Nice to have you here and participating.

George

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Welcome to the site, nice looking cooks.

Chris

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  5. Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Those pics look great, very nice bark!

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  6. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking smokes! Welcome to SMF!

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  7. Welcome....hope to see more of your cooks, and well maybe some of those recipes that you like.
    Looks like good stuff you just posted.
    kit

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.
  8. kruizer

kruizer Master of the Pit

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.

LOW_IN_SLO likes this.