Smoked tomatillo salsa w-pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Got a bunch of stuff on the WSM today(a butt and some wings), also am doing a smoked tomatillo salsa

Halved tomatillos, halved jalapenoes, halved garlic, halved onion, halved tomatoes. Gonna smoe them until they are ready maybe 2 hours. Then toss in the food processor with some cilantro, black pepper, lime juice, and whatever else it needs.

Should be good:

prepped:

on the WSM top rack with a BRT butt:

should be smoking all afternoon, ill post finished pics a little later

thanks for looking

Your tomatillo sals sounds great. Goos to hear that someone is using such an underated veggie, I love tomatillo in salsa.

thanks, I also really like tomatillo salsa. green and spicy..

Looks good. Man I love salsa. Especially home made with no preservatives. Green, red, brown, pink, chartreuse, fucia, I don't care what the color is just give me a bag of chips and a jar of salsa and I am instantly your friend.

lol, salsa is done, nice flavor, downloading pics now.

Gonna get it in the fridge as soon as it cools to ge the flavors to come together.

veg off the smoker(about 2 hours:

added some salt, bl pepper, lime juice, and cilantro and pulsed in the food processor:

cant wait to have this spooned on a taco, and with some chips,

thanks for looking

salsa was very good, the smoked garlic and the tomatillos really stand out. Nice kick from the whole smoke jalapenos as well. Will be even better today.

spooned on some tacos:

icon_cool.gif

I don't care how old it is this recipe looks good to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky