Smoked Chuck Chili…….Again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
This is how the day was shaping up late this morning when my wife reminded me I needed to get the chuck on the smoker (the one that was “still” in the freezer)………
IMG_7386.jpeg

So jumped to action and dropped the chuck in the sink full of cold water, then fired up the smoker, and prepared the braising/finishing sauce……
IMG_7391.jpeg

The chuck defrosted about 20 mins in the water…..just enough to soften the surface but the chuck was still frozen solid…..no worries just seasoned it up with a blend of kinders….i call this dropped in the sand seasoning
IMG_7392.jpeg

It went on the RT1250 at 265, and yes still frozen frozen…..it was a cold AM but the sun was out and showing off!
IMG_7395.jpeg

Bingo INT 160….about 5.5 hours….time to boat!
IMG_7400.jpeg

I was working in the shop and got a little distracted so I didn’t get any of the chili prep pics but this post details it out pretty good….
We do chuck chili like this about once a month or so….including chili cheese dogs….

Here is the plate…. the chili is over an Idaho russet, melting cheese, caramelized onions, bacon, SC, GO and some chopped dry parsley…..
IMG_7402.jpeg

This is a chuck chili Benjamin!
IMG_7403.jpeg

Nothing beats a good bowl of chili on a chili day.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Nicely done civil…. I could sure take a bowl or two of that! Really like the Kinders seasonings… but haven’t seen the one on the left around here yet! And can’t beat a good ol Idaho russet!

Ah. Some good looking cold weather food.
I'm trying to decide whether to make Guinness stew or Hungarian goulash for this evening.

Looks beautiful! Would be a great day for it!
Wife threw a chuck roast in the oven earlier... sure smelling good! No way was I gonna smoke today!

Ryan

Very nice indeed! You also picked the right day for it.

I could use something like hat right now. It's only 10 degrees right now and I'm in Texas!

I have to admit to being a chili snob in that I make a very basic/purist Texas cattle trail chili, HOWEVER, I would DIVE into a bowl of that in a heartbeat.

Looks real good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Another fine bowl of goodness.

David
Thanks David, it was perfect for the cold day recharge as well!
Nothing beats a good bowl of chili on a chili day.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris and I agree, we woke up to 4-6 inches of snow this AM so leftovers today is like the sun shining on things!
I certainly go for a bowl of that.
Many thanks norm!
Looks great . I'd be in for a couple bowls .
Thanks chop! I was a good boy and only had one bowl but the white had lemon cake for desert 😉

That sounds and looks great on a cold winter day!

- Jason
Many thanks Jason!
Nicely done civil…. I could sure take a bowl or two of that! Really like the Kinders seasonings… but haven’t seen the one on the left around here yet! And can’t beat a good ol Idaho russet!
Much appreciated Rafter! Check the IF Costco they have the buttery onion stuff. I saw it there last week. Oh yes agreed on the Idaho russet!!!!
Ah. Some good looking cold weather food.
I'm trying to decide whether to make Guinness stew or Hungarian goulash for this evening.
Thanks edmonds, oh man that’s would be a hard division. Both sound yummy!
Looks beautiful! Would be a great day for it!
Wife threw a chuck roast in the oven earlier... sure smelling good! No way was I gonna smoke today!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I can tell you it was COLD and the wind was blowing….i can wasn’t peaking at it at all! We just love smoked chuck!

Very nice indeed! You also picked the right day for it.

I could use something like hat right now. It's only 10 degrees right now and I'm in Texas!
Thanks cranky! Oh man 10 degrees in Texas that’s now normal is it?
Oh man, I could use a big bowl of that! Looks mighty good.

Jim
Thanks Jim! It sure hit the spot!
I have to admit to being a chili snob in that I make a very basic/purist Texas cattle trail chili, HOWEVER, I would DIVE into a bowl of that in a heartbeat.

Looks real good. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks RS! Chili is one of those thing that causes emotion for sure. I would quite enjoy the Texas chili as well.
That's the money shot!
:emoji_dollar::emoji_heavy_dollar_sign:💰💲
👌thanks chiler! It was a nice winter chill payment for sure!

Now that will certainly warm the cockles of the heart AND soul !
Great looking bowl of chili 😍

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky