New Christmas toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
My son got me the MEATER probe for Christmas. Its initial run was chuck roast for New Year’s but things were hectic and I didn’t get a chance to post. The second run was a small round roast I made for dinner. Kinzers rub and pecan wood on the WSM and just over an hour as the snow was starting to fall in central Pa. I have a Therma Pro which has been a champ but this thing is really easy since it connects to my phone. It is easy to read, gives me an estimate for finishing time based on temps, gives me multiple temp readings with one probe, and offers all kinds of suggestions including rest time. Meat turned out great and I should have marked 5 star on the program but I’m still learning the ins and outs of the app. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0743.png

IMG_0744.jpeg

I keep asking myself why I haven't bought one of these yet, but I'll have to wait for my Inkbird to die first.

Good looking beef roast. 😎👍

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky