Small batch of Kabanosy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chewmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 28, 2013
Eastern PA
Like the title says, made a kilo using Marianski's recipe except added a tsp. of cayenne. Turned out okay but seemed a little bland in flavor. Maybe I'll up the seasoning a little next time. Smoked with apple and cherry.

Any more details?
Looks great
Like I mentioned, The Marianski recipe calls for mostly pork mixed with a little beef. I used 1.75 lbs. pork and around a half pound beef. Ground both through a 3/16" plate. Added 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp coarse ground caraway, 1 tsp CGBP, salt, 1 tsp cayenne, a pinch of sugar, and 1/2 tsp cure #1. Mixed and stuffed into 17mm casings. Dried at room temp for 1 hour, and then into the smoker at 140. Bumped up temps every 2 hours to 160 until an IT of 152. Chilled in ice water and then into the fridge.

Hang them someplace for 3-5 days that will help. I made some a little over a week ago and hung them in our entry to the basement. A world of difference after they r hung for awhile. 60°f and 40%RH is what my room was the humidity should of been around 60% but they were still good.

Hang them someplace for 3-5 days that will help. I made some a little over a week ago and hung them in our entry to the basement. A world of difference after they r hung for awhile. 60°f and 40%RH is what my room was the humidity should of been around 60% but they were still good.
Now that they've aged a little in the fridge, the taste is better. I may try that with the next batch.

Look good to me
Thanks guys! There tasting better now, especially with a cold brew.
Beer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky