Six dollar CSR "burnt ends"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
so, last weekend I wanted to smoke something but it was getting late in the day so I couldn't do anything that would take too long.
I was buying wings when I noticed a big pack of CSRs that were marked down to $6 from $12. I grab them and figured I would try to do them in a burnt end style.
They had bones so it was a big hard to cube them up but once I did I just rubbed them and smoked them for a few hours then covered the pan in foil for a hour and then sauced and uncovered to set the glaze.
They were not as good as real burnt ends, but they were surprising good and tender.
I had gotten the idea to do this when I did some rib tip and rib meat that I cut off a full rack of ribs to get to St Louis style. Those ended up maybe better than the ribs that day, so I kept it in the back of my mind which led me to try this.
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG

Looks great - I might have to get some CSR's and try that! As far as what you said about rib tips/extra meat from trimming ribs I think they come out better than the ribs themselves they're just more of a pain to eat. I save the rib tips for myself when I trim spare ribs and then everybody else can eat most of the ribs.

Love it.
Nothing will beat a deliciously fatty and super tender Brisket Point for Burnt Ends.
Everything plays second fiddle to them.

But those CSR BEs look like they'll do in a pinch and especially for that price point.
Yes'sir, they look good enough to eat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky