Sirloin Tip Steak - Thai marinade and grilled for Thai beef salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Sirloin tip is from the round primal and is an economical (i.e., not premium) cut of beef.
But a marinade, hot grill to medium rare, and sliced thin can give excellent results.

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8237.jpeg

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8242.jpeg

IMG_8244.jpeg

I'm kinda partial to Thai beef salad. Flank steak is best, but other more economical cuts work well.
Here is a previously posted video using smoked top round (instead of grilled loin tip).

Last edited:
I love a steak salad (yes I'm married i get to keep one of my balls lol). A salad with steak red onoin and some blue cheese dressing. Heck yeah I'm in for that.

I’ve been eating a ton of salad lately and this looks like a great alternative to my usual.
looks delicious, thanks for sharing it!!
I love yum nua. Yours looks good. About time to make some.
Works well in a stir fry, too.
That really looks delicious!
I could really dig into that!
Al
Looks fantastic! I’d love a plate of that for sure
Looks great!
I like Thai food also, this looks right up my ally

David
That looks like a great meal loaded with flavor. And congrats on the ride!

Keith
awesome light meal, I need to eat some lighter meals so this is a good option, thanks for posting it
I love a steak salad (yes I'm married i get to keep one of my balls lol). A salad with steak red onoin and some blue cheese dressing. Heck yeah I'm in for that.

Thanks everyone.
I like to use lettuce, cucumber, red onion, green onion, sweet pepper, basil and cilantro leaves.
The marinade is 3 T lime juice, 3 T soy sauce, 3 T olive oil, 2 T brown sugar, 1 T sweet chili sauce, 1 t ginger powder, 1 t siracha, 2 garlic cloves
The salad dressing is the same but with less lime juice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky