Tri tip salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Just haven't been inspired to cook much lately but thought I'd try something today Did a nice CPB tri tip on the Weber kettle. Thought I'd use the leftovers for a steak salad. A certain Texan gifted me this some time ago.
PXL_20230617_202056757-01.jpeg
i hit it with some Wow seasoning and into the fridge over night. I really like this seasoning
PXL_20230617_202521754-01.jpeg
PXL_20230617_203239655.jpg
i like to sauteed and then chill my onions , shrooms and sweet peppers for the salad. I like the sweetness it brings out in them
PXL_20230618_144936782.jpg
PXL_20230618_143458990.jpg
PXL_20230618_150749236.jpg
Did the tri tip on th Weber Kettle. I'm still getting used to it but starting to like it. Shot for medium as I'm sharing with folks who prefer it to rare.
PXL_20230618_211756874.jpg
PXL_20230618_211850542-01.jpeg
Salad is arugula , gorgonzola, sauteed pepper, red onion and mushroom, cherry tomatoes and bacon crumbles with a homemade warm bacon vinaigrette. I love the peppery arugula as the base for a nice complex combo of sweet and salty flavors.
PXL_20230618_213532858.jpg
Not my best photo for sure as it really doesn't highlight all the ingredients but it sure was tasty. Thanks for looking. Thanks Robert for the tasty beef!

That certain Texan is one helluva guy… I’ve had the chance to partake of the CPB… and it does not disappoint! I’m all in on anything TT… and that salad looks amazing! Slap a bib on this ol redneck… I’d be diving in head first! 😉

Tri-tip is great. but that salad is another level. So many make it with little amount of ingredients.

When my wife makes a salad you can hardly see the lettice with the amount of fruit and other things she adds but everyone always loves them as do I.

I’d tear the hell out of that salad Jeff! I love salads like that where it’s an entire meal.

Oh, wow! That is an amazing looking meal. Love the colors in the salad and then top it with that gorgeous hunk of meat!

Jim

Wife always says I should eat more salads,
Will show her this tonight, if this is the salads I can have , I will have a salad everyday, lol

Very good Jeff , and lots of great colours and flavours.

David

That certain Texan is one helluva guy… I’ve had the chance to partake of the CPB… and it does not disappoint! I’m all in on anything TT… and that salad looks amazing! Slap a bib on this ol redneck… I’d be diving in head first! 😉
Thanks! He sure is!
Tri-tip is great. but that salad is another level. So many make it with little amount of ingredients.

When my wife makes a salad you can hardly see the lettice with the amount of fruit and other things she adds but everyone always loves them as do I.
Thanks! I gotta have a lot on top the green although I do love the actual taste of arugula.
I’d tear the hell out of that salad Jeff! I love salads like that where it’s an entire meal.
Thanks Joe!
Looks amazing !!
Thanks!
Oh, wow! That is an amazing looking meal. Love the colors in the salad and then top it with that gorgeous hunk of meat!

Jim
Thanks Jim! I do love colorful plates
Wife always says I should eat more salads,
Will show her this tonight, if this is the salads I can have , I will have a salad everyday, lol

Very good Jeff , and lots of great colours and flavours.

David
Thanks David! Yep I could eat salads like this daily ha
Looks amazing Jeff!
A great cook for a great gift and you definitely did it justice!

Keith
Thanks Keith!

Wow Jeff!! That may not be your best photo but it is still amazing and a fantastic looking salad. As you know, we do a lot of salads around here and that looks totally doable for us. Very nice job on the TT also, especially being that you were kind enough to cook for the naysayers :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Jeff!! That may not be your best photo but it is still amazing and a fantastic looking salad. As you know, we do a lot of salads around here and that looks totally doable for us. Very nice job on the TT also, especially being that you were kind enough to cook for the naysayers :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks amazing Jeff! Really nice.

Looks delicious!
Thanks guys! It made for a few great leftover meals as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky