Simple Fool Proof Amazing Pork Ribs & Whole Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalpenos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
These ribs were about as simple as you can get and some of the best I've ever had or done. 

Started with full spares and trimmed down to St Louis. These were as easy as 1-2-3 Towards the end brushed on a nice glaze made from what was in the cupboards. Catusp, brown sugar, AC vinegar, orange marmalade and some of the rub I used on the ribs. (Sucklebusters Wild Thang)

1) Coated with olive oil and rub
2) Put them on the OctoForks
3) spun them to probe tender over medium flame. (300* or so)

Ribs don't have to be complicated that's for sure! 

These peppers were a first. Cut off the top and stuffed with cream cheese, replaced the top and wrapped in bacon.

Those ribs really look good and I still haven't tried spinning any! I may need to hit Sam's later and get a few racks. Smoke 2 and spin one.

Points for this one!

Those ribs really look good and I still haven't tried spinning any! I may need to hit Sam's later and get a few racks. Smoke 2 and spin one.

Points for this one!
Thanks Charlie!   OBTW did you get any OctoForks yet?   It's definitely a different cook from weaving them on the spit vs vertical. 

Nice looking chow!
drool.gif
Thanks b-one!   It's always nice to have a good day at the grill.:)

I haven't ordered any yet. I need to make a larger pit for the vertical spinning.
ah ok.  Yes you'll want a bigger one for things like full racks.  Most cooks you won't need to expand them much and 1/2 racks turn out really good.    This rack was a full spare but i trimmed it up pretty good for rib tips on another cook. 
Nice ribs... Point.
Thanks Chile!  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky