Shrimp and Spinach stuffed smoked mushrooms with a Tasso Cream sauce ~Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Shrimp & Spinach stuffed smoked mushrooms with a tasso cream sauce. Grilled italian tomatoes and sweet corn with homemade ham.

IMG_9493.JPG

Maybe some pie for dessert!

Good stuff !!

Well Kev, there's absolutely nothing on that plate that I wouldn't love to eat!!
I've always wanted to smoke some stuffed shrooms but haven't got around to it yet. At what temp and about how long do you smoke them?
POINT
Gary

Thanks Gary

They are really already cooked. I do them enclosed in foil first to soften them, then tear off the foil so they get the smoke.

Dang ! My better looking half fasts from meat and dairy during some parts of the year so, I'm looking for some meatless ideas and spinach/shrimp stuffed mushrooms definitely look like something to keep Mama happy :-)

Missed this first time...Foam, you never cease to amaze with your creative work. These sound fabulous. A great filling for myshrooms. Come think of it...
This sounds like a Mushroom and Spinach twist on the NOLA Classic Oysters Bienville. Sub some nice Oysters for the Mushrooms and Hot Smoke until the edges of the Oysters begin to curl? I'm thinking that would be some great eats too...JJ

Missed this first time...Foam, you never cease to amaze with your creative work. These sound fabulous. A great filling for myshrooms. Come think of it...
This sounds like a Mushroom and Spinach twist on the NOLA Classic Oysters Bienville. Sub some nice Oysters for the Mushrooms and Hot Smoke until the edges of the Oysters begin to curl? I'm thinking that would be some great eats too...JJ

Thank you

You know its really hard to mess up seafood, even rabbit food fits right in with it.

Dang ! My better looking half fasts from meat and dairy during some parts of the year so, I'm looking for some meatless ideas and spinach/shrimp stuffed mushrooms definitely look like something to keep Mama happy :-)

In Louisiana it was predominantly Catholic. As a kid, every friday the school lunch was seafood, and during Lent (that's now BTW), it was seafood everyday because so many folks gave up red meat. What you can do without red meat is endless, and this is before anything in the garden comes in!. Now that I am older and no longer fish and hunt everything is bought, and now its gotten so damn expensive! As a kid, for less than a 10.00 investment you could spend a day horsin around in the ditches crawfishing and have enough to feed 30 people? That doesn't count the cold beer. Crabs are great. shrimp, fish, oysters, etc etc.... Pop always said it was the only place he knew you could feed a family of 7 and never spend a penny.

Reactions: Rathog23
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky