Crab Stuffed Salmon Rings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Going for that something different. Sockeye salmon filets cut in half lengthways and made into rings. Then stuffed with bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, garlic, fresh dill sautéed in butter then deglazed with a Moscato sweet white wine, reduced then add cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, and lump crab claw meat, salt and pepper. Then out in the smoke. Angel hair pasta with fresh spinach in it. Maybe topped with a butter garlic sauce. Will post a plate shot.

IMG_1832.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a plate shot. I’m no photographer and no desire to be. Just a simple phone pic. This was phenomenally delicious, btw. I hear the Alaskan’s call the Sockeye “trash fish” well I guess I’m happy with the trash out of Alaska. Nothing in the world like that Bering Sea food.

IMG_1833.jpeg

The Sockeye filets are smaller than most Atlantic filets and thinner, maybe 3/4” thick and not deep. So I skinned them and trimmed the belly off, then cut the filets in half lengthwise. This gave me rings that were about 1-1/4” high. Just enough for the stuffing, sorry no shots of that. Then decided to use the belly trim and ring those as well, they are the two smaller pieces on the bottom of the pic. Waste nothing.

Sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus! That just threw off the 2024 april eclipse! OUTSTANDING!
Thank Buckey. You are very kind.

Damned nice start!
Where's the blazing photo finish?
Thank you Chile, pretty tasty finish too.

Yummy! Nice one. You know I love my fish and seafood.
Thank you Brian, was a seafood lover’s dream.

Me, too...😃😋
Thanks Charles, give it a go.

Looks mighty tasty
Thank you Jim, I appreciate it.

OMG now that is five star fare!!!! Very creative and flavor bomb!
Thank you Jeff. I wanted crab stuffed salmon and only had Sockeye which is to thin to cut a pocket into, so put on the ole’ thinking cap and came up with this. Had to build and smoke them on foil to keep the stuffing in place but worked out pretty good.

Yeah I'd take a plate of that Alaskan "trash fish". Holy cow that looks good.

Jim
Thank you Mr. Jim, was very delicious and simple to make once I stopped over thinking it.

Not a huge salmon fan either but I'll take 2 of those !😁
Great looking plate!

Keith
I generally agree with you Kieth. However, the Red salmon from Alaska is different. Only Alaska has the red meat salmon, the Copper River salmon are infamous either Silvers or Sockeye. We are not fans of the Atlantic or Norwegian salmon, they are more orange and much more fishy. Don’t eat them, but that Alaskan salmon is really good if you already enjoy seafood, pass on all the other salmon.

I generally agree with you Kieth. However, the Red salmon from Alaska is different. Only Alaska has the red meat salmon, the Copper River salmon are infamous either Silvers or Sockeye. We are not fans of the Atlantic or Norwegian salmon, they are more orange and much more fishy. Don’t eat them, but that Alaskan salmon is really good if you already enjoy seafood, pass on all the other salmon.
Maybe that's why we don't care much for it. When mom was alive she ordered salmon quite often while eating out... of all the times we tried it... only liked it once.
Didn't know there was a difference.

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Maybe that's why we don't care much for it. When mom was alive she ordered salmon quite often while eating out... of all the times we tried it... only liked it once.
Didn't know there was a difference.

Ryan
In my opinion it’s a huge difference. I like seafood but not a big fan of anything that has a real strong “fishy” taste. Search out that Alaskan salmon, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky