• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Saucy dog balls!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Sous chef wanted to make some saucy balls and poor man burnt ends. A while back I made a bunch of meatballs and froze them 8 to a vac pack. Since each tray holds six we used the other four spots for the burnt ends. Going to use the mini and plan on a low and slow cook. We will top the meat balls with cheese part way through. More later!

These are going in frozen. They will thaw a bit before going on.

Sous chef loves sauce

Smoke away!!!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
This is going to be a popular thread, who isn't clicking on Saucy dog balls!! Looking good so far!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
That looks amazing.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good stuff, Case!

Great q-view!

Point coming your way!

Al

greg1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 18, 2014
What was the total cook time for Saucy dog balls and how far in did you top with the cheese?  Those look awesome!!!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
What was the total cook time for Saucy dog balls and how far in did you top with the cheese?  Those look awesome!!!
Pretty close to 2 hours if guess. Put the cheese on the last 30 minutes. At that time I also poked holes in the bottom of the foil trays to drain a bit of the grease and sauce. That worked great and firmed things up.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hmmmmm---Looks Mighty Tasty!!
----

I used to eat the Heck out of Vienna Sausages when I was in the Army (They kept well without refrigeration)---Loved Them----Kinda like Soggy HotDogs!!

Never tried cooking or Smoking them---Must be Tasty!!!

Too much Sodium for me these days.

Nice Job!

Bear

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Hmmmmm---Looks Mighty Tasty!!
----

I used to eat the Heck out of Vienna Sausages when I was in the Army (They kept well without refrigeration)---Loved Them----Kinda like Soggy HotDogs!!

Never tried cooking or Smoking them---Must be Tasty!!!

Too much Sodium for me these days.

Nice Job!

Bear
Thanks Bear! Tasty indeed!

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Looks great DS,,, Those may be a hit at the family Reunion this weekend. I was thinking smoked Mac and Cheese but no I may re-think things,

Your smoker is full = POINTS 

DS

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Looks great DS,,, Those may be a hit at the family Reunion this weekend. I was thinking smoked Mac and Cheese but no I may re-think things,

Your smoker is full = POINTS 

DS
Thanks DS! If you make them, make a bunch! The sous chef and I ate all 8 of the meat balls and the four spots of poor mans burnt ends! If I was doing this for a large group I'd just use a regular foil pan and not the muffin tin. When Adding the cheese I'd still pop holes in the pan to drain the grease. That really helped the final product.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.