Saucy dog balls!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Sous chef wanted to make some saucy balls and poor man burnt ends. A while back I made a bunch of meatballs and froze them 8 to a vac pack. Since each tray holds six we used the other four spots for the burnt ends. Going to use the mini and plan on a low and slow cook. We will top the meat balls with cheese part way through. More later!

de60fdb91c04c6b0c85ea43c51b544ba.jpg

These are going in frozen. They will thaw a bit before going on.

e56e3cab1ee83992d77b4a041e35a2b9.jpg

Sous chef loves sauce

26d2b91566023f8d6de29bcb1a1a4948.jpg

65a3df17124782bf62fb6225fe32fcf4.jpg

2cf2612fe4c44ce97dba688c975974a8.jpg

42f6ee3dc777d1863913935e7705f088.jpg

dee79a7f7f140e640f47f2a07bf5afe1.jpg

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: rogan and disco
This is going to be a popular thread, who isn't clicking on Saucy dog balls!! Looking good so far!

What was the total cook time for Saucy dog balls and how far in did you top with the cheese?  Those look awesome!!!

What was the total cook time for Saucy dog balls and how far in did you top with the cheese?  Those look awesome!!!

Pretty close to 2 hours if guess. Put the cheese on the last 30 minutes. At that time I also poked holes in the bottom of the foil trays to drain a bit of the grease and sauce. That worked great and firmed things up.

Hmmmmm---Looks Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I used to eat the Heck out of Vienna Sausages when I was in the Army (They kept well without refrigeration)---Loved Them----Kinda like Soggy HotDogs!!
drool.gif

Never tried cooking or Smoking them---Must be Tasty!!!

Too much Sodium for me these days.

Nice Job!
icon14.gif

Bear

Hmmmmm---Looks Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I used to eat the Heck out of Vienna Sausages when I was in the Army (They kept well without refrigeration)---Loved Them----Kinda like Soggy HotDogs!!
drool.gif

Never tried cooking or Smoking them---Must be Tasty!!!

Too much Sodium for me these days.

Nice Job!
icon14.gif

Bear
Thanks Bear! Tasty indeed!

Looks great DS,,, Those may be a hit at the family Reunion this weekend. I was thinking smoked Mac and Cheese but no I may re-think things,

Your smoker is full = POINTS 

DS

Looks great DS,,, Those may be a hit at the family Reunion this weekend. I was thinking smoked Mac and Cheese but no I may re-think things,

Your smoker is full = POINTS 

DS
Thanks DS! If you make them, make a bunch! The sous chef and I ate all 8 of the meat balls and the four spots of poor mans burnt ends! If I was doing this for a large group I'd just use a regular foil pan and not the muffin tin. When Adding the cheese I'd still pop holes in the pan to drain the grease. That really helped the final product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky