• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Our Grandson is coming today for the week, he is a chef & will be bringing a rack of lamb from his restaurant, for our Thanksgiving meal. It's a dish they make at his restaurant, so he's making some kind of Greek veggies or salad or something to go with it. I love lamb & this will be a real treat for us.
So he will be cooking for us all week. I just couldn't resist picking up a small turkey @ .49 cents per pound. So yesterday I put it on the rotisserie on the Santa Maria attachment on my kettle.
Here's a few pics!
It's been on a couple of hours & taking on some nice color. I did inject it with Tony C's butter & jalapeno marinade.
IMG_0692.jpg

Here it is just about done, I basted it a couple of times with a butter & garlic mix. It took about 4 1/2 hours for the breast to hit 157, which is where I like to pull it off at. The carryover cooking during the rest will bring it up to 165.

IMG_0705.jpg

All done & after a 15 minute rest.

IMG_0708.jpg

I took all the meat off the bones, so Judy could boil them down for some good chicken broth.

IMG_0718.jpg

Here is the broth simmering away.

IMG_0721.jpg

You guys know I'm a sammie guy, so here is my dinner.

IMG_0722.jpg

Of course on Judy's homemade Challah bread.

IMG_0724.jpg

Obviously we have a bunch of turkey left for sammies for the week & Judy is going to make a batch of turkey chili.
Thanks for looking guys & hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. We haven't seen our Grandson in about a year, so this will be a special week for us!
Al

Man that turkey looks awesome! I'm gonna have to add a rotisserie to my "want" list haha. Enjoy the week with you grandson and post some pics of that lamb!

John

Reactions: S-met
Well, That Toy is doing a Fantastic Job, under the Command of "SmokinAl".
Nice Job, Al !!
Looks Awesome!!
Like.

Bear

Looks awesome. Love that Tony C jalapeño butter. Enjoy the week with your grandson!

Thank-you!
We use the jalapeno butter on just about everything we inject except ham, his ham injection is off the charts.
Al

Man that turkey looks awesome! I'm gonna have to add a rotisserie to my "want" list haha. Enjoy the week with you grandson and post some pics of that lamb!

Thank you so much! We are definitely looking forward to the lamb & will drfinitely take some pics. It's a lot easier to take photo's of someone else cooking!. He's on his way & wants to make turkey pot pie for dinner tonight, this is gonna be a good week!!

John
Very nice Al. It looks like you can sit back, relax and let the son do the cooking!

Thanks Man But you forget I'm an old man & this is my 30 year old Grandson, My Son is 53.
Al
Well, That Toy is doing a Fantastic Job, under the Command of "SmokinAl".
Nice Job, Al !!
Looks Awesome!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John!
I'm really looking forward to seeing my Grandson & just siting back & watching someone else cook some awesome meals. But he does make a tremendous mess in the kitchen. I guess he is used to the cleanup guys cleaning up after him. I guess that will be Judy's & my job for the week! Oh well it will be worth it, cause he is an awesome chef!!
Al

That bird looks great Al. I really like that Santa Maria set up.
Enjoy your bird & the holiday.

Looks great al! And all the more special you get to spend the week with your grandson, will make a great Thanksgiving for you and judy!

Ryan

Looks great Al. Its been way to long since I have used my spinner.

Look's great, any way you can talk Judy into parting with her bread recipe?

That bird looks great Al. I really like that Santa Maria set up.
Enjoy your bird & the holiday.
Al I know your good but Turning Turkey into Chicken LMAO
Looks good love spinning birds on my kettle LIKES
Richie

Your right, I'm not used to making turkey or turkey broth!
Usually chickens, your very observant!!
Al
Looks great al! And all the more special you get to spend the week with your grandson, will make a great Thanksgiving for you and judy!

Ryan

Thank-you so much Ryan, he just walked in the door. I'm still taller than he is, but he is a lot stronger!!
Al
Looks great Al. Its been way to long since I have used my spinner.

Me too, but I saw this turkey & figured I'd get it out & give it a try.
I'm just getting lazy & get hungry & want to eat right now.
Al
Good looking bird and sanwiches, Al! Awesome job

Thanks Buddy!!
Al

Look's great, any way you can talk Judy into parting with her bread recipe?
Thanks, I think she posted it on here before, but I'll try to find it & post it again.
It makes the best french toast you ever had!! She doesn't do the weave. She cooks it in round pot. She used to do the weave, but there is no flavor difference so she went to the pot idea.
Here it is: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23806/miriams-not-so-secret-challah/.
Any way you cook it it will come out good.
Al

I haven't seen a piece of meat from a rotisserie that wasn't delicious and you are keeping the streak alive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky