Salmon and salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Made a nice light meal tonight I knew my wife would love. Salad of spring greens, English cucumber, roasted red pepper, oil cured Moroccan olives, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pine nuts with a lemon tahini dressing. Topped with salmon cast iron pan fried in avocado oil and finished with butter and Cavender’s Greek seasoning. “Breadsticks” are repurposed Fathead pizza crust I had left. Buttered and seasoned with a little oregano and garlic fries in the iron skillet. The saltiness or the olives, creaminess of the goat cheese and crunch of the pine nuts was just amazing together.
A185238A-7552-41F7-85B1-593DF7F88E3D.jpeg
FE562F1A-E172-4813-B969-59CFF554A15F.jpeg

That is a damn beautiful salad Jeff! It looks big enough to share with four people so I’ll be over.

Like!

Reactions: jcam222
Colorful and eye appealing plate Jeff, I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks guys! We love salmon and I need to make it more often. It really isn’t as much as it seems in the pic as that’s a shallow plate with edges. My wife who eats like a bird killed the whole thing.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
That looks awesome Jeff ! Im always amazed at the colors in your dishes. Great flavors and a Beautiful plate man!
Looks real good, nicely done!
There he goes again , showing off those amazing plating skills !! It looks fantastic ! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Looks delicious!
That is a damn beautiful salad Jeff! It looks big enough to share with four people so I’ll be over.

Like!
Beautiful plating Jeff, looks like more than I could eat but I'd love to give it a try, Like! RAY
Colorful and eye appealing plate Jeff, I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks guys! We love salmon and I need to make it more often. It really isn’t as much as it seems in the pic as that’s a shallow plate with edges. My wife who eats like a bird killed the whole thing.

I looking for idea's for a new salad dressing and found couple post from you about tahini. Never heard of it. If you have any other salad dressing I might try.

I looking for idea's for a new salad dressing and found couple post from you about tahini. Never heard of it. If you have any other salad dressing I might try.
What type dressings do you like Brian? I just did a nice cilantro lime vinaigrette, Dressing is 1/2 cup fresh lime juice , 1 cup avocado oil (can use olive) 2T ACV, 2t lime zest, 2t Dijon mustard, 3T Splenda, 2t minced garlic , 4T fresh chopped cilantro, 1t salt and 1/2t pepper.

Last edited:
Brian this is a nice thick Caesar dressing I like
Creamy Eggless Caesar Dressing
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp anchovy paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano- Reggiano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper you can thin some with cream if you want

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky