Grilled Chicken and Beans & Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Started out injecting thighs with Creole Garlic Jake talked me into getting.

IMG_20230301_154520975_HDR.jpg IMG_20230301_154455347_HDR.jpg

Started on the beans. Fried up some Chorizo than the holy trinity.

IMG_20230301_141555291.jpg IMG_20230301_142405387_HDR.jpg IMG_20230301_142628141.jpg

Put this into some box mix. Forgot to take pic. Man this turned out really good.

Chicken on to the Barrel Grill. Gretchen waiting patiently.

IMG_20230301_161514739_HDR.jpg IMG_20230301_161522818.jpg

IMG_20230301_163244546_HDR.jpg IMG_20230301_164922455.jpg

Salad was a simple Cavender's Greek seasoning and red wine vinegar. Had gotten some blue cheese from Trader Joe's. Wow is it good. Crumbled into salad. I really enjoyed this salad like this. No lettuce in it.

IMG_20230301_165815340_HDR.jpg IMG_20230301_165822105_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_141612970_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230301_141612970_HDR.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Dang Brian, I'm thinking about grilling chicken this afternoon, myself. Now you've made up my mind! Looking good and Gretchen looks great!!

Great looking meal!!! Since Gretchen did such a good job of guarding the grill I hope got her share of that great looking chicken.

Jim

Good looking plate Brian. We keep several of the Zatarain's stuff around for quick meals. Of course I doctor it up a bit but the stuff makes for a great starter.
I really enjoyed this salad like this. No lettuce in it.
100% agree!! I make a lot of salads without the lettuce. Just large chunks of veggies and a light dressing. Something like that is especially good in Summer for a cool element to the meal.

Oh...you MUST pack Gretchen up and bring her down here. I have a huge beef bone with her name on it :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: negolien
I just did some red beans and rice using that box i really like their spanish rice also. Not as good as fresh but for quick easy meals I h9ighly recommend.

Dang Brian, I'm thinking about grilling chicken this afternoon, myself. Now you've made up my mind! Looking good and Gretchen looks great!!
Thanks Charles Hope you got r done
That's a great meal . I agree . Gretchen is lookin good .
Thanks Rich For 13 she is doing amazing.
A fine lookin' meal Brian, healthy one too! RAY
Thanks Ray
Great looking meal!!! Since Gretchen did such a good job of guarding the grill I hope got her share of that great looking chicken.

Jim
Thanks Jim. She got a few bites anyway.

Reactions: JLeonard
Great meal Brian, chicken looks great and TNJAKE TNJAKE has a few folks turned on to the Creole injection, myself included

David
Thanks David
Looks terrific Brian - nicely done! I'd be all over that!

Red
Thanks Red
Good looking plate Brian. We keep several of the Zatarain's stuff around for quick meals. Of course I doctor it up a bit but the stuff makes for a great starter.

100% agree!! I make a lot of salads without the lettuce. Just large chunks of veggies and a light dressing. Something like that is especially good in Summer for a cool element to the meal.

Oh...you MUST pack Gretchen up and bring her down here. I have a huge beef bone with her name on it :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert. I like you all, Love my salads. I working on finding another vehicle. I don't trust these old ones to get to far from home anymore. Crazy, I am going to spend more than I paid for my house on a used one!
I just did some red beans and rice using that box i really like their spanish rice also. Not as good as fresh but for quick easy meals I h9ighly recommend.
Yeah I like Spanish also.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky