Rub Making Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After making Blueberry Jam it was time to tackle some rubs. First made a Keto Version of Jeff Philips BBQ sauce. Gonna have to make more Pork Steaks now to give it a test run. Next made a Keto version of Jeff Phillips original rub and his Texas rub. Thanks for your support TulsaJeff TulsaJeff . I will let you know how the keto sauce version does. Next made up my favorite Jeff's Sweet Heat rub. Huge thanks to jcam222 jcam222 for this! Next Roberts Taco seasoning. I owe you large for this one tx smoker tx smoker ! I need to make some more of Roberts beef but my feet barking by this point. Just got to love the folks on this forum! Now just got to get some of that Hot Sauce going.

Guess I need to buy some shakers. lol

20230726_130403.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any links to the rubs you made? There's a knife spot (they used to deliver the knives to a restaurant I worked at in the late 90's toearly 2000's. I'm glad their still around. They sell all kinds of bulk seasoning as well. And 3.00 knife refinishing, can't beat that.

Much appreciated

Sounds like a productive day. Jeff’s BBQ sauce is outstanding. I bet this version is good as well.

Fred

Do you have any links to the rubs you made? There's a knife spot (they used to deliver the knives to a restaurant I worked at in the late 90's toearly 2000's. I'm glad their still around. They sell all kinds of bulk seasoning as well. And 3.00 knife refinishing, can't beat that.

Much appreciated
You can buy Jeff's Phillips by clicking on the top left and going to his recipes. His video's are really good as well as is his newsletter.

Reactions: DemonPit

Much appreciated
Here are the other two

You've been a busy boy Brian!! Nothing like making your own and being able to tweak them to exactly how you want them to be. Appreciate the shout-out for the taco seasoning. I put that together when the pandemic started, dialed it in, and a whole lot of people here are enjoying it. That my friend is quite the honor, thank you.

Robert

You've been a busy boy Brian!! Nothing like making your own and being able to tweak them to exactly how you want them to be. Appreciate the shout-out for the taco seasoning. I put that together when the pandemic started, dialed it in, and a whole lot of people here are enjoying it. That my friend is quite the honor, thank you.

Robert
Been busy this morning also. Clean fridge day. Could not get some things I bought in either fridge so got er done. Bought 2 bags of Grapefruit for Salty Dogs on the River Sunday! Bloody Mary's were a hit last week and the fish Larry fried up where so good.

Last edited:
After making Blueberry Jam it was time to tackle some rubs. First made a Keto Version of Jeff Philips BBQ sauce. Gonna have to make more Pork Steaks now to give it a test run. Next made a Keto version of Jeff Phillips original rub and his Texas rub. Thanks for your support TulsaJeff TulsaJeff . I will let you know how the keto sauce version does. Next made up my favorite Jeff's Sweet Heat rub. Huge thanks to jcam222 jcam222 for this! Next Roberts Taco seasoning. I owe you large for this one tx smoker tx smoker ! I need to make some more of Roberts beef but my feet barking by this point. Just got to love the folks on this forum! Now just got to get some of that Hot Sauce going.

View attachment 671677

View attachment 671677
doing the same today. I refuse to buy "store bought" rubs, as each batch I make is tweaked a little.I never write it down, just rely on my senile citizen brain. When the shaker gets low, I stick a wet finger in and check the flavor profile nd go from there. I do also keep a SPG shaker for red meat starts. Today's is targeted for some meaty baby backs for my second WSM attempt after much tutoring and encouragement for the gang here.
IMG-4612.jpg

IMG-4612.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky