Keto Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
For you low carb people. I made this Keto honey from Victoria's Keto Kitchen. Got to say its pretty good and thick. I did need to cook it twice as long to get the color.

Here is her recipe:

Ingredients
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cup allulose
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp Honey extract more or less up to your taste

Simmer from 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.

I used oooflavors honey extract, which is the brand jcam222 jcam222 recommended, which is very strong. I went with 6 drops. Did not want to over do it. Looking at the recipe now I know what happened. I used 1.5 cups water. That why it took me twice as long!

Put some on my left over keto corn muffin. I think this lady going to have a lot to teach me.

20230713_140833.jpg 20230713_150305.jpg

Last edited:
Looks mighty good. I'm a big fan of honey on biscuits. I knows yours are keto, but I'd tear that up.

Jim

Not looking to make substitute honey, but want to make sugar free simple syrup to sweeten my gin daisy.
How does the allulose perform? I think I may have a problem with allulose giving me a next day gas problem.

Not looking to make substitute honey, but want to make sugar free simple syrup to sweeten my gin daisy.
How does the allulose perform? I think I may have a problem with allulose giving me a next day gas problem.
Some folks get gas issues with sweeteners that are sugar alcohols. Allulose is not a sugar alcohol but rather a naturally occurring rare sugar that doesn't impact blood glucose levels. It shouldn't cause that side effect. It is an excellent choice for syrups and sauces as it doesn't recrystallize as easily as most others.

Thanks Jeff for the insite. I might be the oddball.
Erythritol doesn't bother me. The night I had gin daisy sweetened with allulose (more a sweetened lemon martini) the gas next day was annoying.
Working on making sugar free raspberry jam.
First batch had no pectin and just a bit of erythritol.
More syrup than jam.
Next batch will have pectin

Thanks Jeff for the insite. I might be the oddball.
Erythritol doesn't bother me. The night I had gin daisy sweetened with allulose (more a sweetened lemon martini) the gas next day was annoying.
Working on making sugar free raspberry jam.
First batch had no pectin and just a bit of erythritol.
More syrup than jam.
Next batch will have pectin
I use this pectin. Works great. The instruction web site I had is not working. I can Mustang Grape juice than just make a little as I need it. This is how I do it:

2 cups Fruit Juice
2 Tbsp Pectin
1/2 cup Sugar what ever brand you use.

Make Your Jam
1. PREPARE waterbath canner, jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions, if preserving.* Prepare
and measure ingredients for recipe.
2. COMBINE prepared fruit with fruit juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball RealFruit™ Pectin. Add
butter, if using. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring
constantly.
3. ADD sugar, sugar substitute or honey, if using. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
4. PACK based on Enjoy Now or Fresh Preserve steps below.

31wBJ39b9mL.jpg

Edit I got link to work.

This one has them all:

Last edited:
Took some to let my buddy try and he could not tell it wasn't honey. Same thickness and flavor. I can see a lot of things in my future. Think I will make cocktail bee's knee with it today. jcam222 jcam222 you really need to get this done. You are going to love it! Stepped on the scale today for the heck of it. Lost 15 pounds the last few months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky