Roast beef cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Here is my cook thread to try to make my own deli roast beef.

Using Humphreys lump and hickory with apple chunks.

Started with a 3 lb rolled rump roast.

Seasoned with spog.

Threw a 1/2 rack of loin ribs on for supper.

All fits nice in my mini.

I will Dan.  I am trying to make deli type of roast beef.  Sliced very thin or even shaved.

Gonna be a bit before any more pics Disco.

Thanks Disco.

If you haven't tried loin back ribs, please do. They are very meaty.

I put Sweet Baby Ray's on 1/2 hour before they were done.

Nice Adam! The ribs looked delicious, and I can't wait to see that pretty roast sliced up! Well done sir! Thumbs Up

Red

Thanks Red, I ate all of them.

Looks delicious Adam! I like that tie job, seems to be increasing in popularity. Holds the shape and maintains the density to my humble understanding. I would think a rump would be a good piece of meat for it too. They usually fall apart they are so tender.

Beautiful roast and those ribs........ mighty tastee lookin~!!

Small buns or rolls so you can better appreciate that meat. I don't know I'd even use any condiments. Maybe butter and toast the bun, possibly a weeeeeeee wittle touch of horse radish. I am really excited cause it looks so good. Its hard to let it chill I bet.

Beautiful roast man.

Thanks Foam. Can't take credit for the tie job thou, my butcher did it.

I plan on maybe cheese steaks or just sammies for lunch next week.

The ribs were in my top 3 for my best.

Thats a really good idea it looks awesome, may be a dumb question but did you cook to well done? Or any type of cure? I love deli sliced meats and never thought of doing them at home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky