Ribs for Mothers Day..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hacksaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Little River, SC
Okay gang, got 3 racks of Costco's finest Baby backs ready for the smoker tomorrow. Will be using the 2-2-1 method. SHould I mop and how often? If so, is my instinct of an apple juice/bourbon mop appropriate?
Thanks in advance!

I do 3-2-1 but I spritz each hour usin a combonation of whiskey, apple cider, water and vinegar. Yer mob should do just fine, good luck and may the smoke gods smile upon yer cooker!

Hacksaw,
Sounds like you have a plan. But my experience has been that with a mop, if you're not careful, you can wash off some of the bark. So as mentioned in the other posts, I opt for the spritzing. I usually hit them every 1/2 hour or so. And your recipe sounds good ..... as does the others mentioned. Good luck and don't forget to send pictures.

Upon further review it seems that it would be more appropriate to spritz for ribs while butts should be mopped.....gawd I love this stuff....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky