Reverse sear lamb loin chops?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billhilla

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Omaha, NE
I found some lamb loin chops at the store and they looked delicious.  I am thinking about smoking them at 225 until IT gets to about 150 and then searing them on my grill.  Has anyone tried this before?

I haven't smoked and reverse-seared lamb chops before, but we have grilled lamb chops many times. IMHO, an IT of 150 deg for lamb is overcooked and will lead to tough and dry lamb. I know that IT is mostly a matter of personal preference, but unless you have an aversion to pink meat, I think you'd be better off smoking to an IT of 110-120 deg, then searing to get you to medium-rare. Searing time will depend on how thick your lamb chops are.  Lamb is usually pretty fatty, so keep an eye out for flare-ups while you sear.

Good luck, and let us know how they come out.

I have to agree with the Young Lady. Excellent advice!...JJ

I have to agree with the Young Lady. Excellent advice!...JJ
Thank you Chef!

I'm always a little nervous to give advice, in case in turns out I've been cooking something wrong all along. Reassuring to get your seal of approval!

Thank you for the advice, I have no problem with pink or medium rare meat.  That is why
I love this website!

I'll pull them at 110 and sear them after that.

I'll take pics also but had a little problem last time getting the pics up with the commentary

Looks like it turned out great!  Nice job...
bravo.png

I was going to pull them between 110 - 120, but my wife wanted to walk around the lake. When I got back they were are 134, but I seared them and they were great!

Thanks for your input!

I was going to pull them between 110 - 120, but my wife wanted to walk around the lake. When I got back they were are 134, but I seared them and they were great!

Thanks for your input!
Yay!  Glad that they worked out for you. Have a great night!

Clarissa

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky