1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rehydrate again at a later date

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by Jacob DuBois, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Jacob DuBois

Jacob DuBois Newbie

Hey guys,

So I purchased the Nesco snack-master dehydrater on Amazon and made an amazing marinade that my eye of round soaked in for 24 hours. I stuck it in the dehydrater and 2 hours in the dehydrater seized and was unable to turn back on. With that being said, I packed up my beef that still had roughly 1.5 more hours to go and stuck it in the fridge.

My question is... once I get the new dehydrater in a couple of days can I stick the same beef back in for that remaining time? Would it be the same?

Thank you!

2. Holly2015

Holly2015 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

You can finish in your oven. Set on lowest temp possible then put a small ball of foil in the door to prop it open a little.

Keep a paper towel handy to wipe up the slobber as you will be salivating as the smell of beef jerky wafts throughout the home

chopsaw and Jacob DuBois like this.
  3. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I bought a set of jerky trays made for the oven . Works great .
    jerky.jpg