Rehersal Dinner for 50 w Queview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Done that gig a time or two. Mostly to get some exposure and to help out some friends when the budget got tight.

Those are neat little ramies. Yes, I would like the link.

Some times the easiest is the most impressive.

Great job, Scarbelly!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those are neat little ramies. Yes, I would like the link.

http://www.kitchendance.com/index.html

Here you go - They for for .21 for a 100 and get a lot cheaper if you buy in quantity. These folks have been very helpful on the phone when I have needed help

WOW!!!!

That is one nice spread/ Hope ya saved all these pics as some of them need to be in your advertising brochure.

I've never heard of Chicken Au Jous before.  How do you make it and what's it like?  I have an uncle that has gout that is triggered by beef au jous for french dips and prime rib.  I wonder if the chicken au jous would be different.  It all looks great good job.

I've never heard of Chicken Au Jous before.  How do you make it and what's it like?  I have an uncle that has gout that is triggered by beef au jous for french dips and prime rib.  I wonder if the chicken au jous would be different.  It all looks great good job.
We take chicken thighs and legs and roast  in the oven with the usual veggies like carrots and celery and onions on a sheet pan. Then we take the chicken and strip the bones out and put them back on the pan and roast for another 30 -45 minutes. Then we take the bones, chicken and fresh veggies and some water in a pan and cook for at least an hour to bring out the flavor. We then strain this and cook reducing it by 30 - 40 % until you have a great tasting au jus.

That is how we do it. Bob Bally or Chef Rob may have a better less intensive labor method that works well - this is just our recipe

Last edited:
We take chicken thighs and legs and roast  in the oven with the usual veggies like carrots and celery and onions on a sheet pan. Then we take the chicken and strip the bones out and put them back on the pan and roast for another 30 -45 minutes. Then we take the bones, chicken and fresh veggies and some water in a pan and cook for at least an hour to bring out the flavor. We then strain this and cook reducing it by 30 - 40 % until you have a great tasting au jus.

That is how we do it. Bob Bally or Chef Rob may have a better less intensive labor method that works well - this is just our recipe
sounds like what i did the other day..........but with a whole bird. i did not have time to strip the bird but i used the juices from the cavity and i did use a roasting rack so the veggies got some color on them. with the bird resting on a plate i added about a cup or so of water right to the roasting pan with the veggies and brought it to a boil while scraping the browned bits (fond) off the bottom to darken (and flavor) the jus. you can season it and use it as is, or do what i did, and reduced it by 1/2 - 2/3rds and then used it to top the bird and garlic mashed potatoes.

I don't know....I think that I would have or at least suggested two rehearsals just to "make sure" everything went exactly as planned.
icon_wink.gif
That all looks so delicious and very nicely done. Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky