Recommendations (with recipes if you'll share!) for first smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Brother Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 , makes a good point. Chicken Skin at 225 is rubbery. The fix is easy. When the Thigh IT hits 165, take them out of the smoker and Crisp the Skin on your Grill or in a 425°F Oven until the IT reaches 175-180. Thanks Chris....JJ

jaxgatorz jaxgatorz has you covered on the ABT's. There are so many different combinations of what you can stuff them with its not even funny. Its basically a jalapeno cut in half and de-seeded then stuffed with a cheese mixture or whatever you want and then wrapped in thin sliced bacon. Smoke at 250 for 2 hours. Makes a great appetizer or side dish!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
My first smoke was a pork tenderloin....About 3 hours at 225 degrees and it had me hooked. My wife liked it so much she is pushing things at me to smoke. Of course I smoked potatoes and corn on the cob along with it so she had no cooking to do may be the reason.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky