First smoke - Moinks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job Laurel! These look like you never took those 10 years off. Back to your A game on your first smoke.

• Love
Reactions: sumosmoke
Looks great! ..... a stick burner is not for everyone.....if you don't want to tend your fire every 40 minutes, it's really not for you....so a more set it and forget it is better for some.

For me, I wanted to get as close to old time BBQ as I could get....that's where the excitement is for me.....that said....I don't like to do brisket often as it is a very tiring endeavor.

Those look awesome! Gotta say I had to Google moinks.
Welcome back to the smoke and congrats on making the feature wheel

Glad to see you back in the smoking saddle and great looking Moinks! Nothing wrong going to a pellet smoker. The ease of use makes smoking again a snap. Can't wait to see what you do next.

It's been over 10 years since I fired up my Lang, and drifted away from smoking meats as other adventures took my time away from tending to a smoker. For my birthday this past year I received a Traeger Pro 575 pellet grill and just completed my first smoke, moinks! The ease of using an electric smoker versus a stick burner was super convenient, and the smoker performed well!
As others have mentioned, the smoke profile from the pellet smoke was very light compared to that of my Lang but nonetheless, it was a tasty smoke.

Seasoned up and ready to begin the smoke journey

View attachment 692392

Finished, after 2 hours (internal temp = 165)

View attachment 692393

View attachment 692394
A very thin smoke ring

View attachment 692395
I want to do this.... details on assembly humbly appreciated. oops lazy me google is your friend
thank you
john

I had never heard of Moinks. They look delicious. Adding it to my list of amazing things I found on this site. Adding the smoke tube was a game changer for me and my Treager. I am fond of Pit Boss Post oak blend. I alternate handfuls of the pellets with handfuls of oak chips in the tube and have been very pleased. Happy Smoking!!!

Great job Laurel! These look like you never took those 10 years off. Back to your A game on your first smoke.
Thanks ron50 ron50 ! What have you smoked up since your first smoke back?
Looks great! ..... a stick burner is not for everyone.....if you don't want to tend your fire every 40 minutes, it's really not for you....so a more set it and forget it is better for some.

For me, I wanted to get as close to old time BBQ as I could get....that's where the excitement is for me.....that said....I don't like to do brisket often as it is a very tiring endeavor.
I absolutely LOVE my Lang and thankful for my buddy pineywoods pineywoods having his first and showing me the ropes!

Definitely enjoying the ease of the electric smoker and now having both in my backyard, I can pick and choose which one to use ☺️

Those look awesome! Gotta say I had to Google moinks.
Welcome back to the smoke and congrats on making the feature wheel
Thank you! Extremely humbled to have made the feature wheel! 😍

Glad to see you back in the smoking saddle and great looking Moinks! Nothing wrong going to a pellet smoker. The ease of use makes smoking again a snap. Can't wait to see what you do next.
thanks schlotz schlotz !

I want to do this.... details on assembly humbly appreciated. oops lazy me google is your friend
thank you
john
2 1-lb chubs of sausage (I chose hot)
cubes of cheese (I used pepper jack)
thin sliced bacon
rub of choice

1. Form meatballs with a cube of cheese in the center, wrap with bacon, and sprinkle rub over them
  2. smoke for 2 hrs 30 min at 250-275 (or until internal temp hits 165)
  3. enjoy!
Oh, and your pictures are FANTASTIC. You a food photographer?
Thank you for the compliment! I‘m not a food photographer but do have some minor photography skills I learned from my Dad!

WOW, I cant imagine how healthy I would be if I didnt cook for 10 years...So anyway, Great looking grub and welcome back!

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
Great way to get back in the groove and I could eat a tub of those !
Congrats on the ride!

Keith

Look might tasty! Oh I think you have realized why pellet smokers have been a hit…..just too easy and convenient to use. I know I will always have one even if it’s a mini!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky