Rec Tec 700 and Matador are here!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I see they are are using Monti Carlos for delivery now. That is classy!
Advice on construction:
The 700 takes 3 beers to build and burn in. Not sure about the Matador. So... I’d buy a 12 pack just to be safe.
Have a blast. B

Aw come on Bri...
Why not a 30? You just know he isn't going to want to run to the store in the middle of a cook.
Back in the day, I had an open I was working on, and an open-ready in the shop fridge. :D;)

The bottom box would worry me. Looks squished.

Reactions: bdskelly
I see they are are using Monti Carlos for delivery now. That is classy!
Advice on construction:
The 700 takes 3 beers to build and burn in. Not sure about the Matador. So... I’d buy a 12 pack just to be safe.
Have a blast. B
actually it's a 1979 Dodge Magnum, they only made them in 78 and 79, it looks familiar because it was made for Richard Petty to race and its the most recognized number 43 car ever. It belongs to my oldest son and while it certainly looks like a 40 year old rust bucket this "sleeper" has more than 10 grand under the hood. My sons favorite Richard Petty quote about this car is " it's completely un drivable at 180 MPH" as far as the beers go, I haven't touched one in more than 30 years, but not being a prude a have at least 3 different kinds in the game room fridge for company. So, when I call you over to help finish up assembly, I probably have your brand.

Very nice. Looks like all the boxes are intact.
I didn't see any damage as I rushed to get it put in the garage, tomorrow we will see, to be honest my biggest concern is missing something. The damage to the pallet aside, it was an open top wrap kind of thing with all the little boxes just sitting on top. In fact when we dropped the pallet jack in the driveway, the little red meat probe box fell out and went under the car, that was a "OH Crap" moment as the first thing I thought was "what else has fell out along the way" Tomorrow will tell and I will let everybody know.

I'm dying here, looking at my pics and then looking at the one Brian posted, I don't see my competition cart unless they changed the box. UGH! my wife's not going to let me rummage around in the garage at 2am when I get home from work to see if it's there. This night is never going to end.........

I see fr
I'm dying here, looking at my pics and then looking at the one Brian posted, I don't see my competition cart unless they changed the box. UGH! my wife's not going to let me rummage around in the garage at 2am when I get home from work to see if it's there. This night is never going to end.........
now now.... those boys in Augusta are pretty good at what they do. So relax! You’re worried about something that probably didn’t happen. I did make note that you got the smoker box and the additional drive shaft is on the floor next to the pallet. B
CF525DC0-23C5-42D1-95DD-AD3F99A7C102.jpeg

Reactions: Lookn4u
You need to be like me...
Sneaky. :D:rolleyes:

I bet you a dollar to a doughnut, if anything is messed up, Rec Tech will get a replacement off to you straight away.

Wondering if they may have sent that competition cart as a separate shipment since the pallet already had so much on it.

Wondering if they may have sent that competition cart as a separate shipment since the pallet already had so much on it.

I starting to think/hope so, I am trying to log onto Rec tec to look at my shipping notice again. I seem to remember it saying there where two pallets, one at 500lbs and one at 200 lbs, but the bill of lading shows one pallet at 700lbs from Saia.

Well, I guess I will see what I have in the morning. Checking the Rec Tec site shows two pallets and even my first communication with shipper shows two pallets. The leaning tower of grill parts was the only pallet on the truck and I had to help him unload that because when he picked it up and moved it away from the wall it wanted to fall over. DANG IT !!

Well, I guess I will see what I have in the morning. Checking the Rec Tec site shows two pallets and even my first communication with shipper shows two pallets. The leaning tower of grill parts was the only pallet on the truck and I had to help him unload that because when he picked it up and moved it away from the wall it wanted to fall over. DANG IT !!
They used SAIA for my Bull as well. It was shipped from Augusta GA past Texas on to California. Then routed back to Dallas. I dunno....
anyway my ledger also said 2 skids. But it was all neatly wrapped on one. B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky