Quick Chicken Teriyaki and Fried Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Nothing too special here but snapped a few pics and figured I would post em up. Easy to do on a weeknight after work.

Started out using the boil in a bag variety white rice. Drained and into the fridge to get nice and cool. I did this the night before. Half a bag of frozen peas and carrots which I had left sitting on the counter for a couple of hours. Couple douches of sesame oil and some soy sauce.
Chicken2.jpg

Gotta add some egg in there too.
Chicken3.jpg

Cut up the chicken and marinated in chef jimmyj chef jimmyj teriyaki sauce he has mentioned in a couple other threads this week.
Chicken4.jpg

And....
tenor.gif

Chicken5.jpg

Wife made some Japanese clear mushroom soup. Notice the lack of shrooms. Ate half of it and realized I had forgotten to add the shrooms on top. She is still giving me sh*t about that one. Oh well still good. Air fried egg roll to accompany.
Chicken.jpg

Not bad for a quick weeknight meal. That teriyaki sauce is legit. Makes quite a bit too so you can do a lot of meat at once. Thanks for sharing Jimmy! Thanks for checking it out. Full moon Friday yall stay safe out there!

John

Wow buddy. That's some really nice looking stuff for a quick dinner. I've seen several nice posts recently where folks put together something on short notice that came out really good. Being a lover of Asian style food, I'd be all over this one. Very nice job.

Full moon Friday yall stay safe out there!

I can be found standing in the driveway drinking beer and howling at it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

That looks awesome John! Even if you did forget the shrooms...guess we'll forgive you this time! Gonna have to give this a try! Now I'm off to get a beer and go join Robert tx smoker tx smoker to howl at the moon! It's noon somewhere! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looks great , ate at the asian place on calahaun dr last weekend and they had the best hotnsour soup I have ever had, don’t try the 1/2 roasted duck 😢 wife's plate was really good though

That chicken teriyaki and whole dinner look absolutely delicious John! It’s definitely put me in the mood for some Asian cuisine. Pretty great meal to pull out on a weeknight.

Boy howdy John, that's really making that flattop talk! I bet you had enough that you weren't even hungry ten minutes later, all looks delicious! RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
The whole meal looks fantastic! Leaving the shrooms off the soup is something I’d do haha.

Wow buddy. That's some really nice looking stuff for a quick dinner. I've seen several nice posts recently where folks put together something on short notice that came out really good. Being a lover of Asian style food, I'd be all over this one. Very nice job.

I can be found standing in the driveway drinking beer and howling at it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert! You included have put out some damn good "quick" meals recently. Enjoy the howling!

That looks awesome John! Even if you did forget the shrooms...guess we'll forgive you this time! Gonna have to give this a try! Now I'm off to get a beer and go join Robert tx smoker tx smoker to howl at the moon! It's noon somewhere! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I got 2 1/2 more hours until work is done and its beer:30 for me. Enjoy your weekend and howling tonight!

Looks great , ate at the asian place on calahaun dr last weekend and they had the best hotnsour soup I have ever had, don’t try the 1/2 roasted duck 😢 wife's plate was really good though

Thanks Mike! I haven't been down in that area of town in months. Wasabi is pretty good for sushi and hibachi.

That's some yummy flat top work right there! I'll take a plate or two for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky