• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rob Petersen

Original poster
May 17, 2018
Randall MN
i was thinking about making some snack sticks this weekend and I was thinking about using queso cheese in it. Has anyone ever tried this and if so did it turn out?

Real queso is a hard cheese that doesn't really melt. If you are looking to make something like queso fundido in a snack stick, which actually sounds pretty amazing, use white american. That is what most "mexican" restaurants use for melty queso dip.

Rob,

I’m assuming your talking about using liquid queso cheese in your sticks? If this assumption is correct it’s a bad idea imho. I think a ton of it will leach out in the cooking process leaving you with little to no cheese left in your sticks upon completion.

I’ve made plenty of sticks and learned years ago through my deer processing buddy to use high temp cheese. It’s not that bad to just buy it a pound at a time and comes already diced up and ready to use. $7.99 for a 1 # bag if I’m not. Mistaken. Unusually buy 5# bags and I think they are $25ish.

Good luck
Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky