• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime Rib PartyQ test #2

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
The other day when I was looking for space in the freezer for the bacon I smoked I found a vac packed Prime rib hanging out. Decided I might as well pull it out and give the PartyQ another run.

Marinated in Dales Marinade, coated in SPOG. Ran Kingsford professional with a chunk of cherry and pecan. Ran the pit at 235°, until I hit 115° IT. Then Ramped up to 325° to finish. Pulled at 130° IT. Rested for 45 minutes. Since it was boneless I went rouge and sliced perpendicular to what most normally do. Worked out great. I think If I was going to slice thin this is how I'd slice it all the time.

Last edited:

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Man looks so juicy and done just right. Made my mouth water.

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Looks great, yum!

Was this rotisserie?

Watch how you apply that rouge, people might start to talk.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looks great, yum!

Was this rotisserie?

Watch how you apply that rouge, people might start to talk.
I considered using the Minitisserie, but opted to just plop it on the grate.

I do like using the OctoForks to spin a rib roast.

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Wow! This is one nice looking Prime Rib.... So juicy... Definitely LIKE!

Last edited:

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Prime rib looks fantastic. We had a store running a special $4.99lb on them this past week when I went they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore...I was disappointed. Nice selection on the booze btw...im more of a beer guy myself but a fireball shot or margarita never hurts sometimes!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
YUM!!! Nailed it! love the doneness! LIKE

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Good looking stuff!! Those shots of the sliced about made me fall out of my chair.

Help me, I've fallen and can't reach my prime rib,
Robert

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Prime rib looks fantastic. We had a store running a special $4.99lb on them this past week when I went they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore...I was disappointed. Nice selection on the booze btw...im more of a beer guy myself but a fireball shot or margarita never hurts sometimes!
I can hardly find roasts (of any kind) at any of our grocery stores any more. I have been buying primal cuts from our restaurant supply and cutting my own.

I'm not a Fireball guy (and really not a Tequila guy) either. We were making Fireball fudge, which only takes 1/3 cup per batch. I'm sure the wife will make sure the bottle doesn't go to waste.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Howdy Case! The PR looks terrific...Looks like that Guru is working out great! They are a nice match for a charcoal smoker...

Like! :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Yup. Looks perfect. Hope they go on sale here soon.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
that's one good looking PR, I can tear into that.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Mighty Tasty, Case!!
Like.

Chile---LOL.

Bear

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Thanks All! Finished off the last of the leftovers last night with french dip sandwees. Super tasty!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.