Prime Rib PartyQ test #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
The other day when I was looking for space in the freezer for the bacon I smoked I found a vac packed Prime rib hanging out. Decided I might as well pull it out and give the PartyQ another run.

Marinated in Dales Marinade, coated in SPOG. Ran Kingsford professional with a chunk of cherry and pecan. Ran the pit at 235°, until I hit 115° IT. Then Ramped up to 325° to finish. Pulled at 130° IT. Rested for 45 minutes. Since it was boneless I went rouge and sliced perpendicular to what most normally do. Worked out great. I think If I was going to slice thin this is how I'd slice it all the time.

49079497921_884817b40e_c.jpg

49079702702_b260f688f0_c.jpg

49079494821_92089ea4a0_c.jpg

49078965423_1f73065584_c.jpg

49079490746_d6f83b513c_c.jpg

49078962568_ee60842f82_c.jpg

49078962743_bd7e4f8dba_c.jpg

Last edited:
Prime rib looks fantastic. We had a store running a special $4.99lb on them this past week when I went they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore...I was disappointed. Nice selection on the booze btw...im more of a beer guy myself but a fireball shot or margarita never hurts sometimes!

Nice very very nice.

Point for sure
Chris

Good looking stuff!! Those shots of the sliced about made me fall out of my chair.

Help me, I've fallen and can't reach my prime rib,
Robert

Prime rib looks fantastic. We had a store running a special $4.99lb on them this past week when I went they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore...I was disappointed. Nice selection on the booze btw...im more of a beer guy myself but a fireball shot or margarita never hurts sometimes!

I can hardly find roasts (of any kind) at any of our grocery stores any more. I have been buying primal cuts from our restaurant supply and cutting my own.

I'm not a Fireball guy (and really not a Tequila guy) either. We were making Fireball fudge, which only takes 1/3 cup per batch. I'm sure the wife will make sure the bottle doesn't go to waste.

Howdy Case! The PR looks terrific...Looks like that Guru is working out great! They are a nice match for a charcoal smoker...

Like! :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

Thanks All! Finished off the last of the leftovers last night with french dip sandwees. Super tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky