Prime Bacon Wrapped Center Cut Ribeye w/ Red Wine Pan Sauce!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, since I opened a package of bacon, I had to make desert.......Pig candy it was!

Brown sugar, burbon maple syrup, cayenne pepper, black pepper @225 for about 90 min...YUM!
PigBacon.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Civil!!
A meal just doesn't get any better than that !!
Absolutely Perfect !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Hey Civil!!
A meal just doesn't get any better than that !!
Absolutely Perfect !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Much appreciated Bear! As I sat down on the couch in a coma last night....my last mumbled words were.....ok that was top shelf...I hope I will be able to reach for it again some time.....

civilsmoker civilsmoker man those cars are sweet! I could never fit in one (6-4 300lbs) but they are sure purty to look at!
Jim

I would never have one either but pretty cool to see! The GT-R's rolls in at a cool 600hp....and most of the outer skin is carbon fiber.....Just BA! It is a little car for 600hp!

Back when I was running the rivers in a jet boat, I piloted a super charged 6.2L in a 20ft boat (the 650hp range) and that much power was insane...you could toss peps right out if they weren't holding on! My 20 fter had a 400hp 6L and was testing to see if I wanted to upgrade the motor.....nope not safe for wife and kids to pilot!!!

This was the 6.2L SC one.......PS the pilot in this pic is a 4 time world jet boat campion....(I know of maybe 5 pilots that have run this section of the river, class 5)
HCMExtreme.PNG

This "was" mine....I'm piloting in the pic...this is a class 3-4 at the time...(different river too)
DIA-Road.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
Holy smokes....that all looks and sounds amazing. Literally, I am hyperventilating right now. That cut shot of the steak jumped right into my lap. Extremely well doe!! I save all the trimmings from when I get the huge primal cuts from CPB. Most times it's for sausage making but I'm kinda thinking I need to make that reduction. I can only guess it was totally over the top. Very impressed!!

Robert

Holy smokes....that all looks and sounds amazing. Literally, I am hyperventilating right now. That cut shot of the steak jumped right into my lap. Extremely well doe!! I save all the trimmings from when I get the huge primal cuts from CPB. Most times it's for sausage making but I'm kinda thinking I need to make that reduction. I can only guess it was totally over the top. Very impressed!!

Robert

Thanks Robert! Yea, tears almost came to my eyes when I opened it up.....The Boy was was like.....OH MANNNN!!!!!

FYI, for the pan sauce, I borrowed this technique from GR (Hells Kitchen recipe book) and his pork tenderloin Au Jus with chicken broth.....I just switched out the white wine, chicken broth (I used home made chicken bone broth), and pork pieces, with red wine, beef stock, and beef pieces...It it is pure flavor! Just be careful test tasting....in its concentrated form its not something you down a whole spoon full..... American Test Kitchen has a similar version except they use a blend of chicken and beef stock at equal parts....It tones down the richness a bit, so I would recommend trying both to see which you like (I like both versions!). FYI the pork version is off the chart good!!!!! It's just a better version of a sauce Robert IMO......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky