Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber Smokey Mountain, MWSM)

Discussion in 'Mini-WSM' started by bdskelly, Jan 9, 2014.

1. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

Hmmmm I'll see your 44 quart stainless and i'll raise you a 80 Quart! ....stainless of course because that's how i roll. [​IMG]

bdskelly and bigtrain74 like this.
  2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking big Mini! I just picked up latches to connect the base to the pot. Mine travels a lot and the two don't like to stay together as we bounce down the unimproved roads we like to drive.

I like using my mailbox mod on the mini and the UDS too. The AMNTS just chugs along with the perfect amount of smoke!

3. d-train

d-train Fire Starter

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times, so sorry for asking again. But, how many hours on average can you get out if a full charcoal basket before having to add fuel? Thanks!

4. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

pending the weather... 8-12 hrs @225.. then again.. i don't have the basket.. I think I get more in without the basket ...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  5. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Longest I have got is 9 hours, I have a basket.

6. d-train

d-train Fire Starter

What are the advantages of having the basket?

7. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

Longer cooks, cleaner fire...better air flow

8. I would love to make a basket but it's tough to find expanded metal where I live. I found those pre-formed stainless steel half moon coal holders, but I filled them and they only hold about 50 brickets. Not sure what to do.

9. jckdanls 07

just go without it for now... use it that way while you keep looking ...

10. Here's she is. Still no basket, but ready to go. First smoke, spare ribs on June 28. Only problem is I can only find chips around here, and I had major problems with flare ups. Tried a stainless steel box, but they weren't smoking. I tried foil pouches, but they kept flaring up too quickly and giving off thick white smoke. Lots of work, but the results made me remember why it's worth it.

11. Close up of the logo, right after painting.

12. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I've gotten behind on this thread. Very nice work Dave.  An extra tall mini.  Fantastic mods as well. 

13. I love it Dave. It seems the hardest part of the build for me was finding the right pot. I don't have access to the right steamer pots in this side of the world (even though I am from southern California originally and the tamale pots can be found at every local mexican market. So I had to search the city, carrying around the smokey Joe, trying to find one that fit. None were as tall as I would have liked.

14. jckdanls 07

If your location was over to the right (update your profile please).. I wouldn't have to ask the question... What city are you searching in ???

15. Sorry about that (new to the forum). I currently live in the UAE (near Dubai). I'm originally from Los Angeles, but moved here to teach English. Barbecue supplies in general are rather scarce. Anything American will also cost an arm and a leg. For example, in all of the builds, guys were saying that they found the Smokey Joe for like $35. Mine cost me the equivalent of $90. The only reason I decided to do the build, was because I already owned a Smokey Joe. I must admit though, building a mini was the reason I joined this forum in the first place.

16. jckdanls 07

alrighty then... hopefully you'll be able to find what your looking for (sounds like a song) ... and get the mini up and running... good luck ...

17. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

I can't find it where I am either. I'm at a soccer tourney in so cal this weekend and the local Walmart has the imusa pots in stock but then I'd have to pay to take it back home. I personally would do it but I don't think it'll fly with my wife...

18. Thanks. Actually posted a picture of mine right below Dave's post. Smoked some spare ribs, and they turned out great.

19. jckdanls 07

oooops.. I did see that awhile ago.. really nice build...

20. bobank03

bobank03 Smoking Fanatic

Looks great UAEsmoke. A mini-mini