• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber Smokey Mountain, MWSM)

Joined Sep 25, 2016
Here's mine, made it in August 2016, only used it once, the pot isn't a perfect fit, but I've ordered some stove rope to hopefully help with that, I work offshore so will be doing a second cook when I get home soon.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Here's mine, made it in August 2016, only used it once, the pot isn't a perfect fit, but I've ordered some stove rope to hopefully help with that, I work offshore so will be doing a second cook when I get home soon.
Very nice build!  Should be an awesome smoker  b

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Awesome build. Hope it gives you years of great smoke! B point

kbuckeye

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 18, 2015
Did some upgrading today. Added a second ball valve and riveted the lid to the bottom of the pot. Still want to add another cooking rack and add latches to make it all one unit.

hinds90

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2017
Great thread! Just curious when is the appropriate time to have water in the drip pan.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Great thread! Just curious when is the appropriate time to have water in the drip pan.
Great question. The use water /don't use water debate has been brought up on this site thousands of times. I never use water. It's just the way I learned to cook. B

hinds90

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2017
I saw you mention that in another thread. I'll be giving the no water a shot for my first smoke on the mini.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Awesome build and awesome helper. My mini is the go to for spatchcock chicken. Perfection. Can’t get as good of results from the rest on My smokers .

Corey John

Joined Jun 6, 2018
IMG_0375.JPG

Completed not that long ago. Have had a few cooks on it and I am getting used to the performance. Overall I am very happy and the results have been great. Temps do sink when adding cold meat. Recovery time seemed to be much shorter when I switched from Kinsford blue to Royal Oak briquettes. They provided a hotter burn. I cant decide if I want to stick with the RO since I can see overshooting temps as a problem.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.