Pork Dumplings!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fried rice looks great too. Gotta recipe?

Thanks R!

Here you go!

The Fried Rice:
2-3 green onions
1C each, carrot, Napa Cabbage, Red Pepper (can do green pepper), peas, cashews, fresh cut pineapple
1Tbs each crushed Garlic & ginger paste
1 thin sliced chicken breast.
2C cooked Jasmine rice.
chopped cilantro

The sauce:
2Tbs each Rice vinegar, & honey,
4 Tbs each soy sauce, yellow curry powder, water
1tsp Asian red chili. (you can use a Tbs of sriracha too)

After the chicken is thin sliced put some of the sauce over it to do a little marinade. Tip....if you slice the chicken partially frozen it helps make for perfect slices. Double Tip.... If its fresh, just put it in a small zip lock and lay it flat on the top shelf of the freezer while the rice cools. It will be stiff for cutting in 15-20 min.

Tbs of olive oil in the pan to sear the chicken, when done put on a plate then drop the carrots and cashews, when carrots are starting to soften, you drop all the stuff except the rice to sear for a bit, then add the rice and mix in and Salt & Pepper to taste. Dress with chopped cilantro just before plating. You can do this in a wok or a large side fry pan. Prep and cook time 35-45 min....just depends on your knife skills.

Amazing Civil, just amazing. I've never made dumplings but that looks like a must-do. That pork mixture appears to be about the right consistency to make sausage...now you got me thinking :emoji_wink: Beautiful finished plate also!!

Wondering where this may go,
Robert

Amazing Civil, just amazing. I've never made dumplings but that looks like a must-do. That pork mixture appears to be about the right consistency to make sausage...now you got me thinking :emoji_wink: Beautiful finished plate also!!

Wondering where this may go,
Robert

Thanks Robert! The pork is just like making sausage. I usually grind my own pork loin for them and when I do, I use a larger grind cause I like a bit more texture as above. The above was a store grind that my wife bought to try. It was still pretty tasty and easier than self grind. It also had a higher fat ratio. On my self grind I add a bit of olive oil to keep the fat content right for cooking and such.

they are a fun cook and worth trying. I use to do them in a pan, ie sear bottom then add a bit of chicken broth to finish them, but now I sear first then bamboo steam. The bamboo steam is just perfect! The steam makes the wonton texture just right and not soggy.

The Fried Rice:
2-3 green onions
1C each, carrot, Napa Cabbage, Red Pepper (can do green pepper), peas, cashews, fresh cut pineapple
1Tbs each crushed Garlic & ginger paste
1 thin sliced chicken breast.
2C cooked Jasmine rice.
chopped cilantro

The sauce:
2Tbs each Rice vinegar, & honey,
4 Tbs each soy sauce, yellow curry powder, water
1tsp Asian red chili. (you can use a Tbs of sriracha too)

After the chicken is thin sliced put some of the sauce over it to do a little marinade. Tip....if you slice the chicken partially frozen it helps make for perfect slices. Double Tip.... If its fresh, just put it in a small zip lock and lay it flat on the top shelf of the freezer while the rice cools. It will be stiff for cutting in 15-20 min.

Tbs of olive oil in the pan to sear the chicken, when done put on a plate then drop the carrots and cashews, when carrots are starting to soften, you drop all the stuff except the rice to sear for a bit, then add the rice and mix in and Salt & Pepper to taste. Dress with chopped cilantro just before plating. You can do this in a wok or a large side fry pan. Prep and cook time 35-45 min....just depends on your knife skills.
Thanks

Reactions: civilsmoker
Ok round two, as we always do two meals cause it uses all the wontons and meat....I also thought I would show more of the cook process...

24 total all lined up!
1C6C96AD-8420-4DBB-ABB6-4C92A061AC0D.jpeg

Marching into the pan for a nice bottom sear..
83FFA7C0-3B5B-4521-AB7F-DE1CCB619EA3.jpeg

Mid high heat and just a thin layer of classic olive to give the bottoms a nice brown sear...about 90 sec or so......
852A1955-5995-435C-A470-51519EBFF91B.jpeg

You want to line them up so they don’t touch each other or the sides or bamboo bottom or they will be Pot Stickers!!!! Lol
4A223644-5842-4A94-806B-7C3539425F0D.jpeg

If you look close you can see the seared bottom and the nice color of the one I have on the side.
8EF2FC5A-72DC-4AD4-B278-EE389526BFDC.jpeg

10 - 11 min of steam and they are perfect!
4864936B-4C32-478E-9659-6E7557D8A5D8.jpeg

Decided to change up the presentation a bit.....
408B25CA-2CC5-4E69-BDB5-E74A7CE904B7.jpeg

All lined up to take a drink of the flavor bowl....lol
694B72F9-E190-46B8-B23E-B9CEDDE3CB0D.jpeg

thanks for viewing....this is a really fun dinner to do as a family cause many hands can have a part and it has a tasty result!

• Love
Reactions: chilerelleno
My daughter (who is off to college) was feeling left out of the meal and happened to see some smaller bamboo steamers at the discount store on Monday so she made her own version for dinner last night....First time for both items....My wife did do the play by play over the phone though.....Also she made the full recipe not realizing it would feed her for a week.....But hey isn't that what being off to school is for.....to learn.....

porkPS (2).jpg

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Nice! We make the same style, but cook them as potstickers with a fry and steam. Since they freeze so well we make 50 or whatever the pack of wrappers comes in.

Nice! We make the same style, but cook them as potstickers with a fry and steam. Since they freeze so well we make 50 or whatever the pack of wrappers comes in.

thanks thirdeye! The packs we get have 48 so we do 24 for each meal, just right for a full belly!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky