Pork Chops by 8 Year Old Prodigy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
Some of y'all have probably read on here that I've got my daughter trained on checking meat prices every time we walk into the grocery store. She loves to cook and is the same one who took second at a chili cook-off this past New Year's Eve.

A couple of days back she came up to me with a package of semi-thick pork chops for 99¢/lb. Then she asked if they could be hers to cook since she found them.

I turned her loose.

All I did was help her play with the fire. The rub, the smoke time, the temperatures, everything was all her.

I am one proud Daddy!
IMG_20190321_181655.jpg

She also made her favorite cucumber salad and put some smashed taters with it.
IMG_20190321_182400.jpg

How awesome is that? Cooking with your kid is the best! Tell her she did a great job and that looks fantastic.

That is so awesome. Teach them right when they are young. Good job.

That's great! My daughters help from time to time and it is a lot of fun for us, my oldest was cutting deer for grinding meat in November as a 6yr old (many pic's and video were taken)

Tell your daughter great job they look delicious, always great to get kids involved it's something they will never forget

She did a great job. looks fantastic

Great job . Keep 'em close , but let it be their idea . You won't be lonely when you get old .
Awesome job on the cook , AND the Dad part .

This is great. She did a great job. I would be a very proud dad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky