Spicy Honey Lime Pork Chops and Gnocchi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Spicy Honey Lime Pork Chops and Gnocchi ( Mona's Birthday supper, birthday tomorrow and i'm working late . So today it is. )

Start with 3 nice pork chops, made a nice marinade / glaze to soak them in and top with later on the grill -
DSC_4884.JPG

- Marinate/ Glaze
3 tablespoon soya sauce
6 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon zest of lime
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped fine
1/2 cup onion chopped fine
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon sriracha & lime powder ( Club House brand , I would have used a little more but not my birthday ) lol
*** when using the left over , (see later ) add 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch to now glaze to help thicken a bit ***
warm the glaze a little before using . hepls to thicken when on the food
DSC_4886.JPG

Put the chops into bag with all but 3/4 cup of the marinade which than becomes the glaze
Put chops with the marinade in it in the fridge for 6 hours
- work in yard for 6 hours .... sorry that was for me.
DSC_4887.JPG

Pull out chops , I rinsed them off , just because of the ginger and the lime peels
Set smoker to 250 deg. I also put in 5 briquettes of charcoal and 1 lump of mesquite
DSC_4890.JPG

It hovered between 240 - 247 deg., smoked until 140 IT. pulled and than onto the grill at 450 to
get a good char and set the glaze.
DSC_4891.JPG
( Ignore the #2 (317)and # 4(76) probes one is the building temp and the other is the probe hanging closer to the heat at the bottom)

Just before I pulled the chops out of smoker put on the pot of water and salt for the Gnocchi.
with water boiling put in the Gnocchi remove as they float to the top. Set them aside for a bit until the chops are finished.
DSC_4894.JPG

DSC_4892.JPG

On the grill good sear and glaze is setting good,

DSC_4895.JPG

Get frying pan ready .
Fry onions and maple back bacon, chopped small. Fry to brown onions. Add Gnocchi and brown.
DSC_4896.JPG

Bring in chops to sit for a bit while I finish the Gnocchi, top with parmesan cheese in the pan

DSC_4897.JPG

DSC_4898.JPG

Plate all , add more Parm to the top and drizzle a little of the glaze on top of the Gnocchi

DSC_4899.JPG

DSC_4900.JPG

DSC_4901.JPG

Served it on to our plates and had our way with it all.

The flavor was great, I love the lime and ginger , and the Sriracha and lime will be used again. As for the Gnocchi was good
but like I said I have nothing to compare it to. So will have to try it in a restaurant somewhere to see how I did.

First time trying to cook and ever eating Gnocchi ( as first time, I used market made just in case and to be safe )
Mona happy as I did a light smoke and she was happy and not too spicy for her. Me I added a little more spice to my plate

Thanks for looking and hanging in there . I know long winded

David

Last edited:
That’s one delicious looking plate of food! I love those pork chops, the glaze sounds awesome.

I was never a big gnocchi guy, but my wife loves it. I would much rather eat it the way you made it. Very nicely done.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
David, you should make the Gnocchi your self, it is pretty easy to make from scratch, GR has a recipe that walks through it....It's pretty much just a baked potato guts, flower and an egg. I fully believe you could scratch a batch out by hand!

That looks delicious! That glaze makes those chops beautiful! I've never had gnocchi before either but think I do have some in pantry to try. Happy birthday to your wife...you did great on that birthday meal!

Ryan

Wow David, what an incredible looking plate of food. Simply gorgeous and based n the flavor profiles, it must have been amazing to eat. Very well done and happy birthday to Mona!!

Robert

Dammed fine cook there David, I bet Mona was thrilled, and a Happy Day to the birthday girl! I tried making gnocchi a few times and was never happy, for what it took and as often as I'd like to eat it store bought was OK for me. Now ravioli, that's a whole different ball of wax, you can make stuff like lobster and crab ravs you'd never be able to find in a market. The chops look superb too, nice job! RAY

That’s one delicious looking plate of food! I love those pork chops, the glaze sounds awesome.

I was never a big gnocchi guy, but my wife loves it. I would much rather eat it the way you made it. Very nicely done.

Thanks Joe for the comment

It was my first time also to have Gnocchi, so it was all new to me. Did what the package said . Than i tasted it and thought well the only flavor would be from the sauce or what ever you put it in so, I thought fry them with some flavors . Oil first for the onions and my Maple Back Bacon, than lots of butter and drizzle with the glaze. Not bad.
But I will try them from a restaurant to see what they are supposed to really be like.
Just have to wait until MacDonald's - Burger King - or Cracker Barrel put it on their menu....ha ha

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky