First Ever Sweet And Sour Pork....WOW!! (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Robert and I know it tasted great with the items used.
We have S+S quite often , in many different ways.
But just sweet and sour chicken or pork is the best, battered is my favorite and than also not battered is also nice.
Thanks so much David. This is obviously my first attempt at this type of meal but have loved it all my life. Can't help but think this one may open some doors for me as far as Asian style cooking goes. Got several ideas rolling around in that minimalist mind of mine. Just need to get the courage up to pull the trigger.

Robert

Got several ideas rolling around in that minimalist mind of mine. Just need to get the courage up to pull the trigger.
Robert I bet you do have lots of ideas rolling around up there, and courage I don't think you need. Just the time to do all you want , lol

Like I said great plate of food and the steps you took to do it

David

Wow looks great, thanks for sharing, bought 1 of those lite cast iron Woks a few months ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet, I now know what the maiden voyage will be
Thanks so much Mike. Tracy bought that one for me several years ago. Been used quite a few times but not a lot of good food has come out of it till last weekend. It's a ton of fun cooking with a wok but word to the wise: don't walk away from it for more than about 10 seconds. They cook really hot.

Robert

Robert, we absolutely love Asian flavors and this is right up our alley although we tend to lean more towards the less sweet, more spicy/savory flavors. Very nice, my friend...
Thank you for the kind words Charles. I'm not really into sweet food either but I gotta be honest, this was a perfect balance between spice and sweet. Matter of fact, I plan to toss in a nice dose of crushed red pepper next time.

Robert

Wow!!! Grand slam! My Wok needs to get going into something else except fried rice! Thank you for sharing an incredible meal and techniques. Inspired and drooling as always!

Reactions: indaswamp
Beautiful stuff Robert! Now I'm in the mood for Chinese. Perfect for the cold days we've had lately. Great pics!
Thanks Tyler!! I'm always in the mood for Asian food. Make that with a big ol' juicy steak and I'm in Heaven :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Big fan of Asian cuisines as well and you nailed this. Absolutely perfect!
Thanks so much Derek. I could be totally wrong here but I seem to remember you posting something a long time ago that was Asian inspired. Been a while though...

Robert

Robert I bet you do have lots of ideas rolling around up there, and courage I don't think you need. Just the time to do all you want , lol

Like I said great plate of food and the steps you took to do it
Thank you David. I tend to get these vague ideas that lack the details. From there I just have to toss them around for a bit and finally decide to just go for it and come what may. Some work, others don't, but all are a challenge and are fun to try....especially when they work :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I have built a dedicated wok burner using a salvaged turkey cooker, cast iron wok plate from a Sunshine grill and stainless sheet metal from a college dining hall transport cart. I cook outside on my wok about once a week. One of the keys to cooking in a wok is very high heat and the turkey fryer burner puts out 50,000 btu's. I put 10 psi regulator on the gas supply and a needle valve at the burner inlet that allows me to easily control the heat.

Wok Cooker.JPG

I use the Cento Tomato Paste in a tube for small quantities. You can find it any grocery store.
CentoTomato Paste.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky