Spicy Honey Lime Pork Chops and Gnocchi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
David, you should make the Gnocchi your self, it is pretty easy to make from scratch, GR has a recipe that walks through it....It's pretty much just a baked potato guts, flower and an egg. I fully believe you could scratch a batch out by hand!

Yes I watched Mr. Ramsey's video. But I wanted to see if it was really something I would even like before I decided to make my own. And to break it apart to see texture and heaviness before attempting it my self. I have watch a few different videos , so I have the idea down now .

Thanks Civil

David

That looks delicious! That glaze makes those chops beautiful! I've never had gnocchi before either but think I do have some in pantry to try. Happy birthday to your wife...you did great on that birthday meal!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Thanks for the birthday wish, and she was happy .
The glaze was very good , next time for me I will add more of the Sriracha and Lime blend. It is a nice combo.
I'm still not sure on the Gnocchi yet , will have to try my own next time

David

Ahhhhh, big ice cream cake. I want some. Those chops look fabulous David nicely done, and a happy birthday to Mona.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow David, what an incredible looking plate of food. Simply gorgeous and based n the flavor profiles, it must have been amazing to eat. Very well done and happy birthday to Mona!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Was a great meal , and Mona was happy.
The flavor was great, next time for me. I will use a little more of Sriracha and Lime blend
but the ginger and lime really stand out.

David

Wow! That is an incredible cook! What a great birthday meal, it looks beautiful and the flavors sound amazing! I’ve been on a line binge lately too and one recipe I’m tinkering with has fresh grated ginger with lime, you got me excited for it! Great job as always David and great write up! I appreciate the recipe😄 Happy Birthday to Mona!

Dammed fine cook there David, I bet Mona was thrilled, and a Happy Day to the birthday girl! I tried making gnocchi a few times and was never happy, for what it took and as often as I'd like to eat it store bought was OK for me. Now ravioli, that's a whole different ball of wax, you can make stuff like lobster and crab ravs you'd never be able to find in a market. The chops look superb too, nice job! RAY

Thanks Ray for the comment

She was happy and the meal was great.

I think I'm with you on the Gnocchi , but I will try my hand at it once just to see if a difference from package stuff.
But I really must try to make some Ravioli, and if I put lobster in it for Mona she would let me get what ever tool or cooking item I want no question asked..lol

The chops were great also

David

Ahhhhh, big ice cream cake. I want some. Those chops look fabulous David nicely done, and a happy birthday to Mona.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes we love ice-cream cake , That is 2 in 2 weeks . Had one for my birthday last week also. Ha ha

The chops were great, loved the flavors of everything in the marinade/glaze. Will do it again. It will be good on chicken I bet.

David

Wow! That is an incredible cook! What a great birthday meal, it looks beautiful and the flavors sound amazing! I’ve been on a line binge lately too and one recipe I’m tinkering with has fresh grated ginger with lime, you got me excited for it! Great job as always David and great write up! I appreciate the recipe😄 Happy Birthday to Mona!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

I will pass on the birthday wish to my sweet.
As for limes, I find it a very fresh taste on many things. I will sometimes just squeeze it on a garden salad.

And in this marinade/glaze it had the lime and the fresh ginger. I only used the lime zest because I was soaking the chops for so long . If I used the lime juice it would have cooked the chops in the bag. Than they would just fall apart before they even made it to the smoker.

Glad you enjoyed the spice profile for the chops, but for me next time ( Not too much heat for Mona ) I will add more of the sriracha + lime blend from Club House , I really enjoyed it

David

Reactions: bauchjw
wow, that plate looks terrific. The lime addition sounds awesome. Hope Mona had awesome birthday, her dinner looked great.

Thanks Nefarious for the like and the comment

Was a great plate of food, and I really love Lime. I should use it more often

And Thanks Mona had a great birthday

David

Late to the party Dave. Excellent dinner! I really like the combo of line and ginger. You got me wanting to try it.

Now ravioli, that's a whole different ball of wax, you can make stuff like lobster and crab ravs you'd never be able to find in a market.

Ray I did not check yet , but have you posted any Ravioli cooks here . And if so do you have a dough/pasta recipe you like that I could get from you if you don't mind. Only ask because sounds like you have a good one.

Thanks in advance

David

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky