Pork Butt Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

barney9

Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
Picked up a couple of 1" thick pork butt steaks from a local farm. I usually cook them on the Weber Gasser with great results. They eat a lot like a rib eye in my opinion. Anyway since I got the pellet grill I want to cook them on there. Any suggestions? If it were a rib eye I would reverse sear. Anyone ever reverse sear pork to a higher temp?

Try doing them Char Siu! Marinate in Char Siu Marinade. For 1.5 kg (3 pounds):

• 125 ml (1/2 cup) soy sauce
  • 30 ml (2 tablespoons) hoisin
  • 3 ml (½ teaspoon) five spice
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) sriracha (could substitute 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) hot pepper sauce)
  • 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) red food colouring
Mix the ingredients together. It will make kind of a slurry. Marinate the steaks in it overnight and smoke at 300-350 F to an internal temperature of 155 F.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I reverse sear pork chops all the time.
I buy the big packs of 2 inch thick pork chops from Costco, I smoke and then grill to sear.
I'm pull them off the smoker at 110°-115°, and off the grill at an IT of 140°-142° .
This is the plan! I am going to try to sear them on the pellet grill with the "integrated flame broiler"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky