Poor Mans Osso Buco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Had 3 Beef Shanks & a small Filet Mignon
Browned without flour I had 3 containers of sauce
100_0137.JPG
Sauce was plenty thick enough
100_0138.JPG
Added some fresh veggies
100_0139.JPG
Took about 3 hours to cook
100_0142.JPG
Served with Cheesy mashed Tatters & String Beans
100_0144.JPG
Another pic with the bone
100_0145.JPG
Thanks for looking
Richie
Here is a step by step I did

Very nice Richie! Nothing poor about it, it’s fit for a king.

Like!
Joe Thank you this is normally made with Veal Shanks (to expensive) Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Fantastic . Never had it , but know of it . That would be perfect for the weather we're having .
Nice work .

Fantastic . Never had it , but know of it . That would be perfect for the weather we're having .
Nice work .
Rich Thank you it is a hearty dish great for this weather I agree.
Richie

Looks great Richie, Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

That's looks to be delicious Richie, nice piece of work! I've had osso bucco at a friends place years back and loved it, never tried making it due to the price of veal. I'll have to try your recipe, tho I probably won't use a fillet mignon, that's another cut I never buy anymore. RAY

That's looks to be delicious Richie, nice piece of work! I've had osso bucco at a friends place years back and loved it, never tried making it due to the price of veal. I'll have to try your recipe, tho I probably won't use a fillet mignon, that's another cut I never buy anymore. RAY
Ray Thank you that small piece was in the freezer and I wanted to make sure there was enough meat.When I lived in Jersey Filet wasn't a bad price buying the whole loin. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

This is one awesome looking dish! I love Beef Shanks to cook in a dutch oven for 3.5 - 4 hours.... Yummy!
Thank you I usually go almost 4 hours Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Damn....that's some good lookin' stuff Richie!! Where would one get in line to receive a plateful of that??

At the end of the line again,
Robert

Damn....that's some good lookin' stuff Richie!! Where would one get in line to receive a plateful of that??

At the end of the line again,
Robert
Robert thank you I think the only thing that was left was sauce.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky