Pickin’ n smokin……

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Timber II

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 15, 2023
Swamp east Missouri
Got ribs on today! Any other guitar pickers in this place?
image.jpg

I’ve pretty well got bbq and curing down Pat, but I’m not musically inclined but would love to learn a simple 6 string guitar. I think that would be so nice to just sit and pick. I’m actually fascinated watching people play. It’s on the bucket list right there with learning a second language.

Yes sir played bass for almost 50 yrs now.
Slowed down for a couple of Covid years but picking back up now. Usually just once a month and really don't want to due too much more than that.
8 grands and love to Q so not much spare time 😃. Got a gig Saturday night and it's messing up my Memorial Day weekend smoking plans.

Keith

Im not a music guy by any means, but you can really grab my attention when bending those strings! Hank Jr, Waylon, Hendrix, Clapton, Slash, Page, Nugent,Hetfield, Prince! Just to name a few.
This solo was truly inspiring!

Last edited:
I have an acoustic and electric gathering dust here in my office. Played when I was a teen, then it started to wane as I got in to professional life, marriage, family, etc.. When that first marriage went south, I broke out the guitars once again for therapy and wrote some songs. Even played one of them for a creek-side wedding of my future daughter in law. As the pain and depression began to ease, so did my motivation for playing, for some reason.

I kick myself for not playing. Guitars just sitting right there. No callouses left, so even with slinky strings I'm hurting within minutes with the acoustic. Need to get my '78 Ibanez Artist electrically rebuilt...its all crackly sounding from the input to the switch to the pots. I was eyeballing a couple of Les Pauls the other day at the pawn shop, thinking I could afford to just by another guitar.

You should share a video of you smoking and pickin'!

Looks good from here.

I love dark BBQ, most of the black run BBQ joints out here make dark Que. Good stuff!!!

I've been messing around with both acoustic and electric geeetars for a while now. I mainly search for sounds and chord combos that appeal to my ears these days.
I'm not good, and have zero natural abilities on the damn things, but I'm completely obsessed with them.

I have a Martin acoustic, a PRS single cut, American ultra Strat, and. Gibson SG Standard at this time, always looking for deals on anything Gibson. I'd love to get an older Les Paul, some day.

What guitar is in your photo?
It looks Gibson'ish by the headstock angle, to me, although, I can't see the tuner heads in the picture.

Dan.

Last edited:
Looks good from here.

I love dark BBQ, most of the black run BBQ joints out here make dark Que. Good stuff!!!

I've been messing around with both acoustic and electric geeetars for a while now. I mainly search for sounds and chord combos that appeal to my ears these days.
I'm not good, and have zero natural abilities on the damn things, but I'm completely obsessed with them.

I have a Martin acoustic, a PRS single cut, American ultra Strat, and. Gibson SG Standard at this time, always looking for deals on anything Gibson. I'd love to get an older Les Paul, some day.

What guitar is in your photo?
It looks Goson'ish by the headstock angle, to me, although, I can't see the tuner heads in the picture.

Dan.
I'm a true Fender for life. I do have an Ernie Ball Bongo which is loaned out to a buddy for his preteen son.
BUT.....if I played the 6 string Dan it would be a Les Paul or SG.

Keith

Soooo 70's there Brian...am I right? I graduated in '83...we ruined it for everybody...

My wife is almost 10 years older. We went to her class reunion last year and it confirmed I was born 10 years too late. I relate to that era so much more. Those people know how to party. They had a class reunion suite with liquor and food AFTER the reunion ended at 11:30 PM!

I didn't think of it till I was there to see what my high school graduating class was doing. Looked it up...it was happening at the same time, well, not after 11:30PM I suppose, because they were having the reunion at the police association hall or something like that, and it was dry! Like I said, we ruined it for everybody. We were so "sex, drugs and rock and roll", nobody could get away with anything after we rolled through!...Sorry...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky