Pan Seared Rib Eye Fajitas And Eggs (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Had all my work done for the day and was home by 7:00 this morning. Somehow that horrific half hour work day really built up a huge hunger in me so decided to make a really hearty breakfast. Was just gonna do steak and eggs but the thought of some fresh sauteed veggies just sounded good, then this evolved into fajitas.

Start with a nice little rib eye cap steak
013.jpg

Season it up with a hefty dose of my fajita seasoning and into the skillet with a bunch of butter
014.jpg

Toss in some sliced red bell pepper and onions
015.jpg

After I get a nice sear on the steak, slice it and finish cooking to about medium
016.jpg

Fajitas and veggies done
017.jpg

Scramble up a couple eggs. Sorry but there is just no way to get a nice picture of eggs being scrambled
018.jpg

Time to build the fajitas. Start with huge torts and add the meat
019.jpg

Eggs
020.jpg

Veggies
021.jpg

A bunch of extra sharp cheddar
022.jpg

Top with some homemade fire roasted salsa, add a dollop of sour cream, and we are ready to eat
032.jpg

These were SOOOO good but they were also enormous!! I bet each one weighed well over a half pound. That didn't stop me though. I tore them up!! Just gotta love those little rib eye steaks. They are so flavorful and so tender it's impossible not to love them. I'm getting to where they are kind of a go-to for a quick meal any time of day. That's one of the several steaks I make it a point to keep in the freezer at all times. Partly because I love them but also because Tracy has laid down the law that we will not be without these.

Got a couple more posts to catch up on. See y'all on the next one,
Robert

Looks Fantastic I could eat a couple right now

Gary

Another great looking breakfast Robert! Not sure I could eat two but would do my dang best and try!

Ryan

God bless you man If I ate all of that for breakfast I would be asleep for the rest of the morning! Look outstanding though! Might have to order a couple of the cap steaks to try out when I get some ground beef. BIG LIKE.

You and sawhorseray sawhorseray need to have a breakfast cook off!

Another great looking breakfast Robert! Not sure I could eat two but would do my dang best and try!

Very much appreciate it Ryan. I didn't think I could eat both of them either but they were just too good to stop eating. The dog was madder than all get-out because there was nothing left for her. I had to improvise a treat to keep on her good side.

Robert

God bless you man If I ate all of that for breakfast I would be asleep for the rest of the morning! Look outstanding though!

Thanks so much John. Believe me, I seriously contemplated a nice nap but Tracy dashed that idea with some yard work chores "since I was home again".

Might have to order a couple of the cap steaks to try out when I get some ground beef. BIG LIKE.

I promise, you won't be disappointed. These little steaks are nothing short of amazing!!

You and sawhorseray sawhorseray sawhorseray sawhorseray need to have a breakfast cook off!

I'd be all over that idea!! The beauty is that we'd both be winners. There's no way to lose a competition like that when there's nothing but really good food :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks great! Nice meal for a hungry man! :emoji_wink:

Thank ya thank ya. I surely did work up an appetite working that horribly long day. No doubt about that and this filled the void...more than filled it actually.

Robert

Whoa those look pretty filling! I’ll bring the taco bell packets!

Awesome Joe!! I was kinda hoping you'd come along and chime in with that offer. I guess these days though you gotta ask for them at the drive thru. Do they complain when you only order 1 taco and ask for 200 packs of sauce?

Robert

I could gobble one of those down for sure. Looks are just a bonus :emoji_wink:
Kinda looking for a fire roasted salsa recipe, would you care to share ? Totally understand if you prefer not to post.

Man, that is one fine breakfast there Robert! Those things look huge. But, I'm pretty sure I would have devoured them both as well.

I could gobble one of those down for sure. Looks are just a bonus :emoji_wink:

I agree that looks are a bonus but I still like things to look nice if I'm gonna post them. This one was so good though I had to post it, regardless of how it looked. Thank you for the kind words.

My mistake , I see you have it posted already :emoji_blush:

Glad you found it. I did a pretty in-depth post not too long ago on that salsa ad it seemed to have gotten considerable attention.

Robert

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky