Ok Guys And Gals Fess Up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Have You Ever Planned On Posting A Smoke And It Didn't Turn Out? So You Didn't Post?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Have you ever done a smoke that you were planning to post and it didn't turn out great and never posted it?

Well I did a quick one tonight that didn't turn out but I will post it anyway so someone may benefit.

Nachos Surpreme.

Smoked hamburger, mexican blend cheese, refiied beans, and blue corn chips and salsa on top.

Came out soggy. next time I will save the sauce for dipping.

How about your disasters, please share.

I figure if I screwed up on something and not only do I learn a lesson but if it helps someone else not to make the same mistake then I'm happy to post it.
Though my best bit of advice for not screwing up a smoke (in my case) is to not drink so much...or maybe to drink a bit more.

oh ok heres a cobbler that really tasted bad had to pitch it tried something new did not work.

so made this one up to make it all better.

Did a chuck that tasted great, tough as hell. Was not a happy camper although the crowd still loved it. They were probably assisted in their decision as they were hungry and had a few. ronp-I did smoked nachos and they came out great. I am learning how to post pics and plan another round of those soon. I will be so happy when I can post Q-views so everyone can tell me it looks good or that it doesnt.

Steve

no,

typically I give plans of what the upcoming smokes will be a few days before habd, and then follow up with pics of the process. I would have to post the results good or bad.

Luckily I have had things work out up til now with alot of research, and discussion when trying new things(wild boar, abt's, armadillo eggs, rib tips, breakfast baseballs, beef roast, banana wrapped pork loin, bone in pork loin, etc.) Ribs I have pretty much down pat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky