Official 2010 November Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
ef92a49a_Nov2010banner.jpg

Just in time for Thanksgiving, bring on the birds!!

I'm anxious to see the entries for this event as you are not limited to smoking an entire turkey. As long as turkey is used as an ingredient in the item, it's eligible for entry (i.e. turkey soup, turkey casserole, turkey sandwiches, etc .....)

codeword = GOBBLE

Link to SMF Throwdown Rules
  • Please note that the entries to the TD are intended to be anonymous. I've noticed that members are making announcements that they have entered the TD and although the entry is not being revealed, it is tip-toeing along the rules line. Try to keep people guessing as to who our creative geniuses are, until the votes are in. 
    PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
Entries are due by midnight, Tuesday - 1130.10

Good luck!!

Last edited:
This is a great time for doing the big bird. Good luck to all.

icon_cool.gif

Thanks for explianing that one for me. I think that turkeys are going to be fling in to you this month. If this month is alot like last month. I have never seen so many fatties as I did last month. But there was only 9 posted, OK 6 that entered and 3 of us out here that messed up. So folks I know you are all doing turkeys this month so throw one on for US out here and enter this throwdown. You will get a tingle up your leg if you enter believe me..........

Also Laurel, I love it when you get all forceful like that.....................................LOL

icon_cool.gif

Thanks for explianing that one for me. I think that turkeys are going to be fling in to you this month. If this month is alot like last month. I have never seen so many fatties as I did last month. But there was only 9 posted, OK 6 that entered and 3 of us out here that messed up. So folks I know you are all doing turkeys this month so throw one on for US out here and enter this throwdown. You will get a tingle up your leg if you enter believe me..........

Also Laurel, I love it when you get all forceful like that.....................................LOL
You must have never seen any Group pictures of the members here...  They look like pictures of Overeaters Anonymous...
icon_mrgreen.gif
JK

Does that mean that the contestants are giving us the bird this month...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Reactions: daffster13
heck i get up and smell the napalm then throw on a turkey for desert  now  to decide, spatchcock?, beer can?  glazed? stuffed? turducken? maybe i'll get a squirrell plate and do one of each

I think I will BUMP this.  Turkey huh?  Hmmmm.....just as Adiochiro3, I cut my teeth on a turkey as well.  I'll have to give this some thought.  It is interesting what meateater said.  "If squirrel enters I'll need a hard hat."  I think the thought of one person entering that changes the whole idea of another person's way of thinking / smoking efforts is a compliment to the one person.  But sooner or later, we have to give that one person a run for their money.  SO BRING IT ON!!!!!

Reactions: dgross
I think I will BUMP this.  Turkey huh?  Hmmmm.....just as Adiochiro3, I cut my teeth on a turkey as well.  I'll have to give this some thought.  It is interesting what meateater said.  "If squirrel enters I'll need a hard hat."  I think the thought of one person entering that changes the whole idea of another person's way of thinking / smoking efforts is a compliment to the one person.  But sooner or later, we have to give that one person a run for their money.  SO BRING IT ON!!!!!
Where ya been? I miss that sfb smoking so. cal.:)

I was temporarily on leave as my sick relative in Witcha Falls, Tx. took a turn for the worse & headed down South or up North if you prefer.  No, don't shed a tear.  He is way better off where he is as we are all not long for this world.  Do I want to talk about it?  Not really.  I am so, so tired.  Had to report to work before I lost my job.....LMAO.  But it is over & I am back & life goes on.  Besides, why live here on earth in pain & misery when you can REALLY be in heaven???  (For those that believe as I do, as he was a good, faithful, honest pastor.  A rareity really.)

So, I am back, I have missed you as well & as soon as my money catches up with my time off, the smoking is on like popcorn.  But of course, I have Gobble Gobble money & a digital camera, so I may have to THROWDOWN baby!!!!  

Good to see you too Meat.

Anthony

I was temporarily on leave as my sick relative in Witcha Falls, Tx. took a turn for the worse & headed down South or up North if you prefer.  No, don't shed a tear.  He is way better off where he is as we are all not long for this world.  Do I want to talk about it?  Not really.  I am so, so tired.  Had to report to work before I lost my job.....LMAO.  But it is over & I am back & life goes on.  Besides, why live here on earth in pain & misery when you can REALLY be in heaven???  (For those that believe as I do, as he was a good, faithful, honest pastor.  A rareity really.)

So, I am back, I have missed you as well & as soon as my money catches up with my time off, the smoking is on like popcorn.  But of course, I have Gobble Gobble money & a digital camera, so I may have to THROWDOWN baby!!!!  

Anthony
Anthony,

Glad your back. Glad to hear that things worked out and that your family member is  enjoying the rewards of a faithfull life.

Can wait to see your throwdown entry.

Last edited:
Anthony, I was going to call you this weekend. It's been too quite in your hood. atlast your back and going to carry on with life as you know it. Take car my friend. BTW, I'll be watching the USC game and flipping it bewtween the fight. It;s all good my friend.

Anthony
Prayers to your family and glad to see you back. :) Watch out for that one they call Squirrel, :)~

Anthony,

Glad your back. Glad to hear that things worked out and that your family member is not enjoying the rewards of a faithfull life.

Can wait to see your throwdown entry.

Ha!  Not enjoying the rewards?  Me thinks this is a typo.  But I understand what you are trying to say & I Thank you for the sentiment.  

Anthony, I was going to call you this weekend. It's been too quite in your hood. atlast your back and going to carry on with life as you know it. Take car my friend. BTW, I'll be watching the USC game and flipping it bewtween the fight. It;s all good my friend.
Yes, way too quiet as USC is going to play yet another worthless game.  Two years!!  Geez.  But I can not let my boys go on without my support even though they can not compete for a bowl for two years.  Dam you Reggie Bush.  Dam you.

Prayers to your family and glad to see you back. :) Watch out for that one they call Squirrel, :)~

Yeah, those Squirrels really run around without warning & then you look up & your nuts are gone.  (OMG, did I actually type that.)  Naw man, I am not concerned.  Like Rich says, "It's all Good" & people like you, her, Budd, Tjohnson, Bear & the other members of this forum make the competition what it really is.  THE RIGHT TO BRAG ABOUT SMOKING OUR MEAT!!!!  Thank you for the well wishes.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky