Nuclear Nectar is born

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: jcam222
Man Jeff, that stuff sounds righteous and the labels look amazing. Very nice teamwork all around from you guys. Can't wait to see what you do with that X pepper everybody is talking about :emoji_wink:

Robert

That looks really tasty. We had some on a pizza this summer around OSU when we went to the Good Guys show. It was definitely hotter than commercially available hot honey. I'd definitely enjoy some of yours if you sell and ship it.

Jeff, what program are you using on your computer to make the labels? I am looking for a set up for making wine labels.
I forgot to add that not only can you sauce the project / templates online you can also download them as a PDF. I do both.

Oh Hell Yeah!
That sounds so freaking good and I've never seen honey like that,
I'd love to have a chance at buying some of that.
It's far hotter than even commercially available Mike's x hot. I'll make more and keep you in mind.
Man Jeff, that stuff sounds righteous and the labels look amazing. Very nice teamwork all around from you guys. Can't wait to see what you do with that X pepper everybody is talking about :emoji_wink:

Robert
They definitely inspired this idea. Just all seemed to.click. I am not certain making anything with X will happen even if available. Just reapers are miserable to work with if you do straight reaper ferments.
That looks really tasty. We had some on a pizza this summer around OSU when we went to the Good Guys show. It was definitely hotter than commercially available hot honey. I'd definitely enjoy some of yours if you sell and ship it.
Yep mines hotter than the mainstream for sure. Funny thing is first you just get sweet and smoke, you may get a few bites in and then BOOM it hits lol.

It's far hotter than even commercially available Mike's x hot. I'll make more and keep you in mind.

They definitely inspired this idea. Just all seemed to.click. I am not certain making anything with X will happen even if available. Just reapers are miserable to work with if you do straight reaper ferments.

Yep mines hotter than the mainstream for sure. Funny thing is first you just get sweet and smoke, you may get a few bites in and then BOOM it hits lol.
would be great on a rack of ribs, even better on burnt ends

Jeff great idea way to think outside the box. Guess I'll make some copy cat with these peppers. It's been a great season for peppers!

Great Football game Sunday. WOOF 🐕

RG

Attachments

• 20230915_102109.jpg
    20230915_102109.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 13
Jeff great idea way to think outside the box. Guess I'll make some copy cat with these peppers. It's been a great season for peppers!

Great Football game Sunday. WOOF 🐕

RG
Those look great I've been working on some new ferments today. Go Browns!

Ouch on the X

Jeff is there a reason for the infusion bath at 155° F?
Temperature got me thinking and researching.
Years and years ago I worked for a bee keeper, the honey and wax slurry was heated to approximately 120°F before sending to the separator. The temperature was kept low to avoid killing the natural flavor of honey.
Anything past 140° will start killing off the yeasts, pollens, and enzymes that gives "raw" honey the unique flavor over the pasteurized box store product.

Ouch on the X

Jeff is there a reason for the infusion bath at 155° F?
Temperature got me thinking and researching.
Years and years ago I worked for a bee keeper, the honey and wax slurry was heated to approximately 120°F before sending to the separator. The temperature was kept low to avoid killing the natural flavor of honey.
Anything past 140° will start killing off the yeasts, pollens, and enzymes that gives "raw" honey the unique flavor over the pasteurized box store product.
Interesting info I will research. For this I did use pasteurized honey so likey not an issue. I'll have to look into this if I use raw honey in the future. Thanks

Thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for the catchy name and clifish clifish for the image for my label. At first I was thinking a sauce with the name Nuclear Nectar but suddenly my brain stormed and hot honey it is. 5 lbs of honey split into 2 quart mason jars. I added 10 Chile moritas, 2 dehydrated ghost and 1 scorpion x to each jar. I cut the peppers open and or crushed as appropriate. I also added 1T of ACV to tame sweetness just a tad. View attachment 678702Into a sous vide bath for 2 hours @ 155F. I pulled them a couple times to shake them up. View attachment 678703I worked on the labels while it infused. View attachment 678704After letting it cool enough to not melt the squirt bottles I packed it up. Here's the first bottle. View attachment 678705I don't do sugars so this will all be sold and gifted but I of course tasted enough to insure it was tasty. Smokey up front with sweetness and significant heat on th finish. Hot but addictive. Will be great drizzled on wings, chicken and waffles, ice cream, ribs , pretzels etc. I've heard of folks making drinks with it as well. If this small batch goes well I'll make a large batch for the holidays. Thanks for looking!
Looks and sounds absolutely delicious. I'm thinking waffles, butter biscuits, eggs, breakfast sausage, pig candy... anything savory!

Pretty sure the peppers are going to float up. I just poured raw honey over sliced garlic and they floated to the surface.

Attachments

• GARLIC HONEY.jpg
    GARLIC HONEY.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 13
Thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for the catchy name and clifish clifish for the image for my label. At first I was thinking a sauce with the name Nuclear Nectar but suddenly my brain stormed and hot honey it is. 5 lbs of honey split into 2 quart mason jars. I added 10 Chile moritas, 2 dehydrated ghost and 1 scorpion x to each jar. I cut the peppers open and or crushed as appropriate. I also added 1T of ACV to tame sweetness just a tad. View attachment 678702Into a sous vide bath for 2 hours @ 155F. I pulled them a couple times to shake them up. View attachment 678703I worked on the labels while it infused. View attachment 678704After letting it cool enough to not melt the squirt bottles I packed it up. Here's the first bottle. View attachment 678705I don't do sugars so this will all be sold and gifted but I of course tasted enough to insure it was tasty. Smokey up front with sweetness and significant heat on th finish. Hot but addictive. Will be great drizzled on wings, chicken and waffles, ice cream, ribs , pretzels etc. I've heard of folks making drinks with it as well. If this small batch goes well I'll make a large batch for the holidays. Thanks for looking!
Thanks for the SV idea. My first batch was definitely a lot more tame.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky